[Paid] FreeCAD scripting expert for Antenna project

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
taelsher

[Paid] FreeCAD scripting expert for Antenna project

Post by taelsher »

Looking for someone to help create a custom workbench.

Once an antenna geometry is designed in FreeCAD, I need to export the geometry and additional project parameters to a custom text file format.

If interested, let me know you pay rate and availability.

Python scripting only.
openBrain
Veteran

Re: [Paid] FreeCAD scripting expert for Antenna project

Post by openBrain »

Will that be OK for you to send money to FreeCAD project ?
Can you share a bit more details ? What need to be exported ? Where are actually stored the parameters ? Which output format ?
taelsher

Post by taelsher »

"Will that be OK for you to send money to FreeCAD project ?"

Not sure what you mean by this comment. Is there a FreeCAD policy or license requirement I'm miss-understanding?

"Can you share a bit more details ? What need to be exported ? Where are actually stored the parameters ? Which output format ?"

So in FreeCAD we can design any antenna geometry. For this example, it will be a patch antenna which has a base cube layer and top cube layer (reference: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sa ... C-HFSS.png)

The additional project parameters will be in a FreeCAD spreadsheet. It's just a list of variables the user can modify before exporting the spreadsheet parameters plus geometry to a custom text file format.

Here is a snippet of the custom text file format
% This file is generated by XXX.
% Time: 06-Feb-2022 16:11:15
% --< unit >---------------
entry unit
time second
frequency GHz
length millimeter
capacitance picofarad
inductance nanohenry
resistance ohm
% --< cell_size >---------------
entry cell_size
dx 0.3
dy 0.3
dz 0.5
% --< analysis >---------------
entry analysis
number_of_time_steps 3000
courant_factor 0.95
plotting_step 1000
continue_previous_simulation 0
save_simulation_data 0
data_save_step 5000000
run_on_gpu 1
mode reg
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

taelsher wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:35 am "Will that be OK for you to send money to FreeCAD project ?"

Not sure what you mean by this comment. Is there a FreeCAD policy or license requirement I'm miss-understanding?
No. Just instead paying someone, you pay to the FreeCAD project.
So in FreeCAD we can design any antenna geometry. For this example, it will be a patch antenna which has a base cube layer and top cube layer (reference: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sa ... C-HFSS.png)

The additional project parameters will be in a FreeCAD spreadsheet. It's just a list of variables the user can modify before exporting the spreadsheet parameters plus geometry to a custom text file format.
What are you exporting from the 3D model, in which format, and how are identified parts/subobjects to be exported? Is it fully private or can you share a sample file here?
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

openBrain wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:21 am Will that be OK for you to send money to FreeCAD project ?
Can you share a bit more details ? What need to be exported ? Where are actually stored the parameters ? Which output format ?
Why not creat a dedicate freecad project forum? So people who want make money for themself don't feel guilty to compete with those people who want to make money for freead project?
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

johnwang wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:23 am Why not creat a dedicate freecad project forum? So people who want make money for themself don't feel guilty to compete with those people who want to make money for freead project?
Looks to me a bit as a reverted view. :)
This is FreeCAD project forum (the whole). Those who don't want to compete with it should open their own website/forum. ;)
This said, one should not feel guilty to propose a "private" alternative here.
For myself, I propose donating only when I feel like the request can be answered in a few hours of work so can be handle pretty fast.
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

openBrain wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:11 am This is FreeCAD project forum (the whole). Those who don't want to compete with it should open their own website/forum. ;)
Then make this sub forum donate to FreeCAD project only.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

why? what's wrong with the current status quo?
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

openBrain wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:21 am Will that be OK for you to send money to FreeCAD project ?
What exactly is the "FreeCAD project " ? Where, concretely, would the money go ? You seem to be proposing that someone does the job and someone-else gets the money ... doesn't sound like a very promising business model.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

taelsher wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:17 am Looking for someone to help create a custom workbench.
Once an antenna geometry is designed in FreeCAD, I need to export the geometry and additional project parameters to a custom text file format.
If interested, let me know you pay rate and availability.
Python scripting only.
I could be interested, this sounds like something quite doable. Is the offer still available ?
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here