Convert my sketch to a "real" drawing

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Grub

Re: Convert my sketch to a "real" drawing

Post by Grub »

I had thought it was a joint without asking myself what it was for.

Here is the corrected file of Body:
Body-V3.FCStd
(335.35 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Depending on how you make it (3D print?), allow for some gap in the tapping.
C4e

Post by C4e »

Grub wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:49 pm
JKLnew wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:42 pm Wow! Grub, that was fast work. What do I owe you?
Only a virtual beer :lol:

Moreover, you can contribute to the development of Freecad: translation, reporting bugs, promoting it or simply using it etc...
May I offer you another virtual beer if you can tell us about the thread construction and used tools for it?
Grub

Post by Grub »

C4e wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:19 am May I offer you another virtual beer if you can tell us about the thread construction and used tools for it?

Yes, you need to use Fasteners WB : I added a threaded rod with custom size (22*1.5) length 7mm, I positioned it in the right place and used it in the boolean union operation.
Capture d’écran (117).png
Capture d’écran (117).png (54.83 KiB) Viewed 2849 times
Capture d’écran (116).png
Capture d’écran (116).png (27.18 KiB) Viewed 2849 times

You can do the same with boolean subtraction operation for the Caps (or use a copy of the whole body to do the substraction)

EDIT : don't forget to set the "thread" parameter to "true"
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

JKLnew wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:59 pm I will be donating to this site in your name.
Thanks to Grub and you!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
JKLnew

Post by JKLnew »

Grub, Thanks again for all the help.

Just donated to FreeCAD, unfortunately though there was no comment option for "Thanking Grub".

Thanks again,
John
C4e

Post by C4e »

JKLnew wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:07 pm Just donated to FreeCAD
Appreciate!
Grub wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:30 am Yes, you need to use Fasteners WB
I still had installed the Workbench, but did't see the right function. Got it from your explanation. Cheers!

My first attempt this morning was with the ThreadProfile_Workbench. I found a video on YouTube that shows me the main idea. I have to complete my construction this afternoon to learn the complete construction.
keithsloan52
Veteran

Post by keithsloan52 »

chrisb wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:24 pm Would this also be possible as a community project and you donate to the project?
Great how this has worked out - Wondering if we should do more to promote the "Community Project Idea/Concept"
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

keithsloan52 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:53 am Wondering if we should do more to promote the "Community Project Idea/Concept"
Good idea! It could be done on the donation wiki page or as a sticky topic in the Jobs subforum, where I am a bit hesitant, because I would like to give forum regulars the opportunity to do a paid job.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
JKLnew

Post by JKLnew »

I agree, it's a great idea. Consider my situation, there was no way that I could learn CAD in a relatively short period of time to produce a technical drawing in order to start production. I'll be using this "service" again, unless I master FreeCAD between now and then :)