Ann Arbor Tutor

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
DaveHarm

Ann Arbor Tutor

Post by DaveHarm »

I live about 10 miles from Ann Arbor and want to hire an in-person tutor.
My back ground: Retired Ford engineer, total beginner. Want to model then CNC racecar parts. I drive Formula Ford race cars.
DaveHarm

Re: Ann Arbor Tutor

Post by DaveHarm »

Are there really no users in southeast Michigan interested in earning some side money, or is that just not done?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Does it have to be in person. Could it be over jitsi/zoom?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
KAKM

Post by KAKM »

I think there are probably users around Ann Arbor who might be interested, but not all FreeCAD users are active on the forum and not all active forum members are paying attention to the "job offers" part of the forum. You could also try reaching out to the UM maker club or the ASME chapter/Baja/SAE/solar car team to see if they have anyone who knows FreeCAD.

I'm going to be relocating to Detroit in about early June, so I might be able to offer help if you haven't found someone by then. I'm not a power user or an expert by any means, but I do know enough to get someone started.
DaveHarm

Post by DaveHarm »

KAKM: If you know anyone in the FSAE group, please have them reach out to me. I was team leader of my FSAE team in 1983. Back then even Indycars didn't have carbon tubs. Like I said in my original post, I race Formula Fords so I speak that language and that's the type of thing I want to create in FreeCAD.
CoderMusashi

Post by CoderMusashi »

I don't live that far private message me let me see if I can help you or not.