Wanted freecad expert to finish bracket part

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JagsSingh

Wanted freecad expert to finish bracket part

Post by JagsSingh »

Wanted FreeCad expert to finish original bracket part - for reasonable fee.

Hi all, I have been tinkering with FreeCad for a couple of months now, and I've frustratingly come to the conclusion that I'm at the limit of my abilities, so I need an expert to finish (or potentially recreate properly) a 3d model of a 'bracket' to be used for sticking to the inside of a bauble. The bracket will hold a Lego size minifigure and attach to the internal wall of a clear bauble with hot glue.

However I am at the point I cannot create what I want, and think I am way beyond my capabilities and have become more and more frustrated with error messages for which I simply do not understand. I have created what I can in FreeCad but I may not have done this in the most efficient way, being brand new to 3D modelling.

This may be complex or very simple for an expert.
Left.JPG
Left.JPG (23.93 KiB) Viewed 6318 times
Rear.JPG
Rear.JPG (23.68 KiB) Viewed 6318 times
Top.JPG
Top.JPG (30.24 KiB) Viewed 6318 times
Capture01.JPG
Capture01.JPG (19.99 KiB) Viewed 6318 times
The part I am making is highlighted. the hollow sphere is there to show dimensions and to try to 'cut' away at the part to leave the wanted shape. However, I cannot perform a Boolean operation on the additive sweep to create the curved finish of the sphere.

I have also made a datum plane sketch in the right position to add a pipe to create support arms. but I am getting broken face errors.

I just don't feel confident in getting the effects I want, so need your help. I can provide the FreeCad file so you can see my (potentially embarrassing) work, and some crude drawings of the full part.

The only fixed specifics are that the 'Lego Plate' size and position from bottom and that everything fits inside the internal dimension wall of a 76.5mm sphere.
I need two brackets made : one with 4x4 lego plate, and one with 3x4 plate. The dimensions for these are all in a parametric style spreadsheet which you only need to adjust 4 studs width to 3 to change the plate.

features needed to create :
  • Cut curved face to bracket end to affix to inner bauble
  • cone pocket in sweep to create a canal for the gluing area - with grooves on the face and in the pocket itself. see picture below
  • additive pipe cylinder for support arms
  • small round 'feet' on the ends of the support arms so they provide added strength and integrity.
IMG_8519745.jpg
IMG_8519745.jpg (18.92 KiB) Viewed 6312 times

Like i say, the whole part may need to be remade in a more efficient and less error causing manner, but completing what I have already created may be possible and easier. You will have to look at my file, and go easy on me!

Not sure how long this would take a FreeCad genius, or how much it would cost in your time, but I am very willing to receive your help!
I can pay via Paypal, or whatever is reasonably easy for you.
I'm located in Singapore
Thank you
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Wanted freecad expert to finish bracket part

Post by chrisb »

If you don't receive appropriate offers, you may upload the file here; and for a donation to the project, we could try to create a community solution.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

I've to admit that I haven't understood what you're trying to achieve yet.

By the way, chrisbs proposal worked several times in the past. + the community is getting one more example on best practices.
JagsSingh

Post by JagsSingh »

Hi,

Thanks for the idea. I am just discussing with a couple of people, but if it doesn't materialise into anything, than I will do this.

What I want to achieve is to have a part to print of a bracket that can be stuck securely to the back wall of a transparent bauble and be able to attach any minifigure stuck on the base plate. So it all has to sit in internal wall dimensions of 76.5mm sphere.
IMG_8517(1).jpg
IMG_8517(1).jpg (466.22 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Christmas balls? Then no weapons please.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
JagsSingh

Post by JagsSingh »

Not my picture, just as visual and size example of what the bracket is supposed to attach to.
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

chrisb wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:49 am ... no weapons please.
+1
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

Attachments
BubbleLego_SHALM2.FCStd
(977.87 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (80.82 KiB) Viewed 6031 times
JagsSingh

Post by JagsSingh »

Nice @shalmenser, that is pretty close to what i would need. I am very happy to donate for any help I receive from you good folks.

I will PM you
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

JagsSingh wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:58 pm Nice @shalmenser, that is pretty close to what i would need. I am very happy to donate for any help I receive from you good folks.
chrisb wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:00 pm ..., you may upload the file here; and for a donation to the project, we could try to create a community solution.
Please upload your file and info here, and collective intelligence will be better than mine.
I've done it for fun, but you can donate to FreeCAD.