FreeCAD users open to work

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Aleks

Re: FreeCAD users open to work

Post by Aleks »

thomas-neemann wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:48 pm here are the commands i use

2.png3.png
1.png
I have added you to Part and Draft.
FreeCAD als Maschinenbauer in die Konstruktion und Fertigung integrieren. Schulung buchen: www.alsado.de/freecad-schulungen
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

I'm a little astonished that Sketcher isn't listed in isolation, I'd say at least 50% of all stumbling blocks to new/inexperienced users are Sketcher related (mainly because they can't 'see' that only minimal geometry is a bonus not a hindrance) and no I'm not a Part Design user unless absolutely pushed, it just doesn't tie in to the way I think about modelling.

To be clear, at this time I'm not going to request to be added to the list as most of my previous work has been commercially sensitive and not been able to be posted but I'll try to put together a personal portfolio of real models and the real world outcomes in the next weeks as well as some of the contributions in terms of commits if that helps.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You could add me to a newly introduced Sketcher topic.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

Syres wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:15 pm I'm a little astonished that Sketcher isn't listed in isolation
Sketcher isnt present, because its a prerequisite to a lot of workbenches.
Noone wants to just get Sketches done. Correct me if I am wrong. Is there any use case for a Sketch as a deliverable to a client?
You would need to add everyone to the Sketcher workbench, unless you only count the "Sketcher-Wizards", but then, how would one distinguish between normal sketcher users and experts?

What do you think? Should I add the Sketcher workbench nonetheless?
FreeCAD als Maschinenbauer in die Konstruktion und Fertigung integrieren. Schulung buchen: www.alsado.de/freecad-schulungen
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

Aleks wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:06 pm Is there any use case for a Sketch as a deliverable to a client?
in individual cases it may be that someone only creates kinematic constructions with it.

example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaGRVKvpq8U

phpBB [video]
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

Aleks wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:06 pm
Correct me if I am wrong. Is there any use case for a Sketch as a deliverable to a client?

What do you think? Should I add the Sketcher workbench nonetheless?
I have to produce a significant number of motorcycle masking stencils cut on a vinyl cutter for paintwork, all the work is in Sketcher and then exported to SVG or PDF, zero 3D required.

I also use multiple sketches on their own to export into Blender to build rigs where the vertices are the pivot points for suspension or for the pinning of cables.

Then there's the whole Master Sketch workflow that is the way I work where feasible.

So, yes, I think Sketcher should be added IMHO but who is added as a member I'll let you decide.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

Syres wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:50 pm So, yes, I think Sketcher should be added IMHO but who is added as a member I'll let you decide.
I have added the Sketcher workbench and added you and chrisb to it.
paddle
Veteran

Post by paddle »

Aleks wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:26 am I have added the Sketcher workbench and added you and chrisb to it.
I'm open to work on Sketcher. I made several features recently and I'm beginning to know the workbench's code pretty well.
Edit: I'm open to work on feature development. Not really on projects.
ifohancroft

Post by ifohancroft »

Thank you for the effort Aleks!

Can you please add me to PartDesign, Sketcher and TechDraw workbenches?
I like making, breaking and modding stuff, using a soldering iron, code or both. https://ifohancroft.com
souravkrmoulik

Post by souravkrmoulik »

Hi,
I am ready to work with part design, part.