mesh to drawing help. paid jobb

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kjetil

mesh to drawing help. paid jobb

Post by Kjetil »

Hello,

I am looking for help to transform meshes to 2d drawings.
anyone interested?
frank 123

Re: mesh to drawing help. paid jobb

Post by frank 123 »

Hi Kjetil

I am interested in your requirement and will be glad to assist you for transform meshes to 2d drawings.

please reach me out through Skype : cis.am3 or email me more details at frank@cisinlabs.com

Thanks
Frank
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

This Frank seems to come from the same company as well known anna, with whom we had a more or less unpleasant discussion, perhaps it is even the same person.
They come here, pretending to have good knowledge of FreeCAD, but they never ever contribute.

So I would kindly ask some power users to help Kjetil to solve his problem, and instead of paying us he can donate to the FreeCAD project.
freecad-heini-1 wrote:ping
HarriGeier wrote:ping
openBrain wrote:ping
vocx wrote:ping
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

chrisb wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 am This Frank seems to come from the same company as well known anna, with whom we had a more or less unpleasant discussion, perhaps it is even the same person.
At least giving publicly an email address tends to prove there is something true behind. ;) The whois of the domain also look serious.
They come here, pretending to have good knowledge of FreeCAD, but they never ever contribute.
I agree :
frank 123 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:51 am Frank
Hi Frank. Despite this is absolutely not needed (and this should never be if we want FOSS to still exist), considering your company makes professional usage of FreeCAD, you can try to encourage a contribution (coding time, money, ...) to it. ;)
So I would kindly ask some power users to help Kjetil to solve his problem, and instead of paying us he can donate to the FreeCAD project.
Thanks for invitation @chrisb. I totally agree with it (I think I proposed it some times in this subforum, without much success I should admit).
Here the problem is the statement of work "transform meshes to 2d drawings". Without much precision/example, it can be affordable with simple+proper meshes, but can easily be a PITA. Also if it's a one-shot need with 1~3 meshes, this is OK. But that's another thing if this is a weekly need with short delays. ;)
Kjetil wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 pm I am looking for help to transform meshes to 2d drawings.
anyone interested?
Kjetil, could you tell what is the need amount/recurrence, and please give a sample mesh that you want to transform ?
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

chrisb wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 am This Frank seems to come from the same company as well known anna, with whom we had a more or less unpleasant discussion, perhaps it is even the same person.
I remember that thread. I didn't comment on it but I remember that people were questioning anna's motives and all.

To be entirely honest, I don't have a problem with anna at all. I don't understand why you guys made a fuzz about "anna" providing services. What is the purpose of having a "Job offers" subforum if it cannot be used to advertise and discuss about paid arrangements? I just find it counter-intuitive to have this forum, and then question the motives of the people who post there.

I think removing email addresses is fine, and a good practice, but to question "anna" in such an aggressive manner? I didn't like that from the moderators and power users.

Just let people be. If anna offers services, and somebody is willing to take on those services, fine. What if anna is a scammer? What if they are an Indian company trying to outsource work for cheap? What if they don't really know FreeCAD? Well... sorry, but we cannot police everybody's business. Users that hire services from third parties should be accountable for the decisions they themselves make. You should not force users to accept or reject services like those just because the posters don't contribute to the regular discussions in the forum; that's not how a free market works. They post in the "Job offers" forum for a reason; it's not like they are spamming the other forums either.

If you want to eliminate the problem altogether and avoid the drama, then just close the "Job offers" subforum completely and that's it; no job offers allowed, look elsewhere. Sorry, chrisb, but I just don't like drama like this.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
Kjetil

Post by Kjetil »

Sure, I would like to donate to freecad. how and where?

I want to take a sphere-mesh, cut it in 50 subsections and then make nurbs out of the sections. And then connect the nurbs back to the sphere.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Kjetil wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:51 pm I want to take a sphere-mesh, cut it in 50 subsections and then make nurbs out of the sections. And then connect the nurbs back to the sphere.
Why do you want to base on a mesh rather than on a true sphere?
Also could you tell me about "connect the nurbs back"? I can't figure out what it means.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Kjetil, I think we can give it a try. Please describe your task with as mauch detail as possible. Upload files and images if they help clarifying things.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

vocx wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:12 pm Sorry, chrisb, but I just don't like drama like this.
I agree that we should not care much about who offers his manpower here or from where he or she comes. But we should not forget that this is an open source project. And that means to operate in the open, and not to hide behind a simple skype address (the email was added later).
Furthermore I don't think it is asked too much if we expect some return, be it contributing to the forum, to discussions, to tutorials, the code or the documentation; or just explain how they got their knowledge about FreeCAD modeling.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

chrisb wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:27 am ...
Furthermore I don't think it is asked too much if we expect some return, ...
Yes, that is asking too much. The reason free software exists is to be completely free to do whatever you want with it.

If I wanted to use Linux, and somebody asked me, "but why do you want to use it? You first need to contribute some Linux kernel drivers to the source" or something like that I would be very turned off.

Allow people to do whatever they want with FreeCAD, make money off it, whatever. Whether they contribute or not, it's not our problem. It's a philosophical freedom that is the fundament of free software.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.