[Closed]Turn a 3D freecad model into 2D blueprint

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
AvgJoe

[Closed]Turn a 3D freecad model into 2D blueprint

Post by AvgJoe »

Looking for a discreet person capable to draw a blueprint out of a 3D FreeCAD model. Some sheet metal expertise is must!
I will ask you to review and correct the plan if necessary. Especially the bending radius. The model is simple. Basically, just an aluminum box with tilted sides. Made with sheet metal workbench so unfolding should be easy.

Edit: title edited by PrzemoF
JustCAD

Re: Turn a 3D freecad model into 2D blueprint

Post by JustCAD »

Hi,
I can help.
You can reach me on Skype: cisin.justin or Email:justin@cisinlabs.com so that we can discuss this further.
Justin
+14074139057
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

JustCAD wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 am You can reach me on ...
We recommend not to show private contact data in public, use private message instead. You can edit your post and remove it.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

AvgJoe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 pm Looking for a discreet person capable to draw a blueprint out of a 3D FreeCAD model. Some sheet metal expertise is must!
I will ask you to review and correct the plan if necessary. Especially the bending radius. The model is simple. Basically, just an aluminum box with tilted sides. Made with sheet metal workbench so unfolding should be easy.
That sounds like a very simple thing to do, just use TechDraw WB.

I suggest that if you want to keep your model private, just create a new model similar enough so that the work flow is the same but a different shape and different sizes. Then push views of it into a drawing in TechDraw. If you get stuck with something just post that modified file to the Help forum and ask a question. You will almost certainly get great advice for free within a few minutes. Once you have done this once, you will find its easy enough to go and do the same things with you private model.
AvgJoe

Post by AvgJoe »

The job is done.
Last edited by AvgJoe on Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

Do you need to make drawings to manufacture it? What kind of review do you need? Constructability?
freedman
Veteran

Re: [Closed]Turn a 3D freecad model into 2D blueprint

Post by freedman »

Most of the sheet metal shops have experts of many CAD programs. They can probably do what you want and more. They unfold solid models all day to send to the floor for manufacturing.