Problems exporting

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jaaglo

Problems exporting

Post by jaaglo »

Hi! First of all, this is my very first CAD experience so the piece is probably done in the worst and longest way possible, but it is what it is.
The problem comes when I export it, because one extra prism appears for no apparent reason.
I've tried to export pieces separately and they look fine but when I export the whole file is when this problem appears (you will see it much better in the pic). It looks like a duplicate object but I checked and I'm pretty sure there isn't any.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong when exporting it. I just Ctr+A to all the bodies and export them.
Hope I can get some help.
Thanks in advance :)
Attachments
rotarybottom.FCStd
(399.43 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (122.57 KiB) Viewed 802 times
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: Problems exporting

Post by GeneFC »

jaaglo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:50 am
All of this can be modeled in a single body by use of a polar pattern.

In any case, for the immediate problem, you need to select only the last element in each body, not all. The last element in a body contains all of the information. Adding every element means that some items are duplicated.

Gene
jaaglo

Post by jaaglo »

Thx for the reply. If I only select the last element on each body this is what happens :(
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (48.41 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

"Je dirais même plus."
:idea:
Attachments
rotarybottom_SHALM.FCStd
(66.95 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Annotation 2023-01-27 113648.jpg
Annotation 2023-01-27 113648.jpg (29.73 KiB) Viewed 616 times
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

GeneFC wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:39 am
jaaglo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:50 am
All of this can be modeled in a single body by use of a polar pattern.

In any case, for the immediate problem, you need to select only the last element in each body, not all. The last element in a body contains all of the information. Adding every element means that some items are duplicated.

Gene
This not wrong. But as long as the tip is set to the last feature, then selecting the Body only, represents the solid right?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
jaaglo

Post by jaaglo »

Shalmeneser wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:38 am "Je dirais même plus."
:idea:
Okay yeah this is definitely the way to do it. I think I have not yet reached that youtube tutorial hahah.
But, how can you sketch an extrude another piece in a Pad without getting the "result has multiple solids" error?

Thank you all <3
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

drmacro wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:58 am This not wrong. But as long as the tip is set to the last feature, then selecting the Body only, represents the solid right?
I have not tried that. One would need to go to each Body separately and select it.

But CTRL-A followed by CTRL-C will definitely cause a problem. :o

That is not exactly what was done, but once the CTRL-A is used the game is over.

Gene
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

jaaglo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:21 am But, how can you sketch and extrude another piece in a Pad without getting the "result has multiple solids" error ?
??
All my features keep one solid. The PolarPattern can do multiple body if occurrence < 12, but FC will not keep them (so will not do anything).
jaaglo

Post by jaaglo »

Shalmeneser wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:37 pm
jaaglo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:21 am But, how can you sketch and extrude another piece in a Pad without getting the "result has multiple solids" error ?
??
All my features keep one solid. The PolarPattern can do multiple body if occurrence < 12, but FC will not keep them (so will not do anything).
I know they're only one solid, but I tried to replicate what you did to learn how to do it and when I add the triangle to the first pad and try to extrude it that error pops up. Idk if I have to do something to "join" the pad with the new sketch or smth.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

Always provide your file.
Each new feature in PartDesign wb must connect to the past solid.