0.20.1 issue with textures: they are not even applied

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
BartR

Re: 0.20.1 issue with textures: they are not even applied

Post by BartR »

drmacro wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:48 am
BartR wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:32 am
Roy_043 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:35 am
Just a note.

If you ever change you signature, for instance to a different version, it will change on all your past posts. Thus for future readers of your posts it would be quite confusing.
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I updated recently my signature adding the version of FreeCAD I'm currently using.
There wasn't before.

Post by drmacro »

BartR wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:02 pm
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I updated recently my signature adding the version of FreeCAD I'm currently using.
There wasn't before.
But, if you change your signature in the future, it will change in this post, not just posts subsequent to the change.

So, at that point your signature here would refer to a different version of FreeCAD than what is discussed in this post.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
BartR

Post by BartR »

drmacro wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:08 pm
BartR wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:02 pm
There wasn't before.
But, if you change your signature in the future, it will change in this post, not just posts subsequent to the change.

So, at that point your signature here would refer to a different version of FreeCAD than what is discussed in this post.
Ok I removed it. However now I'm struggling to find a solution to the problem of this topic ... I uninstalled and reinstalled FreeCAD without any result ...

Post by drmacro »

BartR wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:32 pm ...
Ok I removed it. However now I'm struggling to find a solution to the problem of this topic ... I uninstalled and reinstalled FreeCAD without any result ...
Sorry, no clue if it ever worked, I don't use that tool.

I use Blender for such things.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
BartR

Post by BartR »

drmacro wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:03 pm

So from a software that I start to now now and to make something, to a one that I have not even clue how to open a file ... ok :-) I see the issue :-)
Last edited by BartR on Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dprojects »

BartR wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:39 pm At the end, i wanted to add a texture. But even after have loaded the texture, ti doesn't show really up.
As I remember correctly the textureMapping tool not reset texture and not reset color. So if you have color or texture this might be problem.

You can try this tool: https://github.com/dprojects/setTextures
This tool has color reset option, but is not made for advanced rendering, it is for woodworking purposes. So you can look around and try find workbench for rendering.

Thanks
Darek
github.com/dprojects

workbench for woodworking is available at: github.com/dprojects/Woodworking
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

BartR wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:32 pm
drmacro wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:03 pm

So form a software that I start to now now and to make something, to a one that I have not even clue how to open a file ... ok :-) I see the issue :-)
I'm not suggesting you learn/use Blender. I was just noting I had no help to offer with the FreeCAD tool, since I don't use it.
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

Probably FreeCAD is not a rendering program, some limited results could be obtained as @Roy_043 as told you with limitations.

More advanced things could be achieved maybe with other WB, try to make a search in the forum using "texture rendering" or similar, probably it will give you some hints.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/