Navigation via parameters

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Batucada

Navigation via parameters

Post by Batucada »

Is there a possibility to control the navigation cube (top right in the 3D window) via parameter input in such a way that the 3D object displayed in the window is panned into a specific display state via the parameters?

If so, how can I do this as a simple user?
drmacro
Veteran

Re: Navigation via parameters

Post by drmacro »

I wouldn't bother with the nav cube (come to think of it I never look at it...)

But, in the View>Freeze display there are facilities to define, save and restore views.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

It should be possible to set camera position through python too if that's waht you're after. Search pivy/coin tutorials.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:50 pm It should be possible to set camera position through python too if that's waht you're after. Search pivy/coin tutorials.
There are examples of this to be had in Addon manager macros section as well.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Batucada

Post by Batucada »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:50 pm It should be possible to set camera position through python too if that's waht you're after. Search pivy/coin tutorials.
I think that can help me to walk around the model with the camera. I will search and experiment.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Std_DemoMode may be of interest as well.
Batucada

Post by Batucada »

Roy_043 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:50 pm Std_DemoMode may be of interest as well.
No, thank you, that's not what I want.
jenkins007

Post by jenkins007 »

You can control the size. go to Tools on the top bar. Select Edit Parameters.
Under BaseApp open Preferences and scroll down to NaviCube. I changed the CubeSize key to 300 and it enlarges the navigation cube. If the key is not there, right mouse click and select new key with the name "NaviCube" as integer. You can also delete the key and start over. Once finished, click save and close. You may have to close FreeCad and reopen for the cube to be positioned correctly.

I would like to bold the text too, but have not found the correct key value for that. If anyone knows that key value, please let me know.

This may not be exactly what you want, but it helped me as the default size of the cube on the Mac is too small to see.