PositionBySupport: AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement: Frenet-Serret normal is undefined. Can't align to TN plan

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
leoheck
Veteran

PositionBySupport: AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement: Frenet-Serret normal is undefined. Can't align to TN plan

Post by leoheck »

What does this mean? How do I locate this thing, how do I fix it?

Code: Select all

22:03:12  PositionBySupport: AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement: Frenet-Serret normal is undefined. Can't align to TN plane.
leoheck
Veteran

Re: PositionBySupport: AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement: Frenet-Serret normal is undefined. Can't align to TN

Post by leoheck »

Extra view of the Report View after opening this file.

Code: Select all

22:02:58  Path WB not found
22:03:12  AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.
22:03:12  AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.
22:03:12  AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement: path curve second derivative is below 1e-14, can't align x axis.
22:03:12  PositionBySupport: AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement: Frenet-Serret normal is undefined. Can't align to TN plane.
22:03:12  AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement: path curve second derivative is below 1e-14, can't align x axis.
22:03:19  AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.
22:03:19  AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.
user1234
Veteran

Re: PositionBySupport: AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement: Frenet-Serret normal is undefined. Can't align to TN

Post by user1234 »

File? How do you produce the error? What version? Any extra WB since that seems no FreeCAD default error message?
edwilliams16
Veteran

Post by edwilliams16 »

The error message is saying you are trying to do a Frenet attachment on a straight line. That can't be done because only curved lines have a well-defined normal direction.
leoheck
Veteran

Post by leoheck »

edwilliams16 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:28 am The error message is saying you are trying to do a Frenet attachment on a straight line. That can't be done because only curved lines have a well-defined normal direction.
How do I get extra info of this on a big file with a lot of other things inside? I would like to locate the Object/Feature/Sketch/Operation. Is it possible somehow?
user1234 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:36 am File? How do you produce the error? What version? Any extra WB since that seems no FreeCAD default error message?
Hi. The version of what you ask? The version of Freecad is 0.21.
I think I am using the following workbenches but may have some others that I am not aware of.
- Assembly4
- Part Design Workbench
- Sketches
- Fasteners Workbench
leoheck
Veteran

Post by leoheck »

user1234 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:36 amFile?
For the limited minds. This is the file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcv1ubxnbddh8 ... FCStd?dl=0

See, I am not asking for you guys to "find the culprit" and fix it for me.

I am asking "HOW do you find/identify the culprit Object/Feature/Operation since the f* message is generic af?"
Last edited by leoheck on Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

leoheck wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:26 pm Hi. The version of what you ask? The version of Freecad is 0.21.
Provide your FULL version as asked in the red banner link.
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

leoheck wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:38 pm
user1234 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:36 amFile?
For the limited minds. This is the file.
Oh, awaiting help, but insult the helpers. How about to read the links in the read box and think about your behavior and how helping works, since we are no wizards with a glass orb.

leoheck wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:38 pm See, I am not asking for you guys to "find the culprit" and fix it for me.
How to avoid the error you ask, just do not make the error ....... what the f*ck there are people .......
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

leoheck wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:26 pm
Hi. The version of what you ask? The version of Freecad is 0.21.
I think I am using the following workbenches but may have some others that I am not aware of.
- Assembly4
- Part Design Workbench
- Sketches
- Fasteners Workbench

Please follow guidelines in:

http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2264

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/