How to prevent Body being unfolded on Errors

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
leoheck
Veteran

How to prevent Body being unfolded on Errors

Post by leoheck »

How do you prevent all the Bodies with errors from getting unfolded/expanded?

This is annoying behavior, to say the least.

I am working to fix an error. And all other bodies that are not being fixed yet are getting unfolded every time the project recomputes.

Is there a way to disable this behavior?

Thank you.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: How to prevent Body being unfolded on Errors

Post by chrisb »

I know what you are talking about, been there, done that. I don't think you can switch it off, but you can stop all recomputing, and then recompute the object you are working on manually.

My personal workflow in such cases is to start with the first error and care for the others later. I am grateful that the auto expansion exists, because without, as it used to be, it could be very tedious to find an error in a large project.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
leoheck
Veteran

Post by leoheck »

chrisb wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:55 pm it could be very tedious to find an error in a large project.
I cannot disagree.

Freecad has the Report View.

If Freecad knows that there is a feature/object that is defective it should explicitly tell that on Report View. Changing the object tree status or the position of the elements is a bit of a pain to the user since the interface is always changing.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

An error in the tree is a very serious thing and shouldn't be left to report view, which may be switched off. If such an error occurs, what else do you want to do except fixing it?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.