Having trouble using RENDER WB with Blender

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
howetuft

Re: Having trouble using RENDER WB with Blender

Post by howetuft »

@drmacro From my point of view, your systematic interventions to promote Sverchok in Render WB related threads are inappropriate. The question here is not about the general rendering possibilities in FreeCAD but about the way to use Render WB, to which your post provides no answer.
I have nothing against Sverchok or other rendering approaches (pov-ray, STL export, vrml export...); to the contrary, I'm glad there are several competing approaches for rendering in FCD. But it seems to me that their comparisons/promotions should be the subject of separate threads, not unsolicited (polluting?) interventions in threads asking specific questions on a particular workbench. I think also that comparisons should emphasize positive aspects of each solution (not "I spent more than a day messing around trying to add renderers on my system and gave up.", which is both negative and personal).
I mention the wise @Kunda1 for his/her opinion, that I value much.
And to @gbgb: my apologies for this digression...
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

howetuft wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:07 pm @drmacro From my point of view, your systematic interventions to promote Sverchok in Render WB related threads are inappropriate. The question here is not about the general rendering possibilities in FreeCAD but about the way to use Render WB, to which your post provides no answer.
I have nothing against Sverchok or other rendering approaches (pov-ray, STL export, vrml export...); to the contrary, I'm glad there are several competing approaches for rendering in FCD. But it seems to me that their comparisons/promotions should be the subject of separate threads, not unsolicited (polluting?) interventions in threads asking specific questions on a particular workbench. I think also that comparisons should emphasize positive aspects of each solution (not "I spent more than a day messing around trying to add renderers on my system and gave up.", which is both negative and personal).
I mention the wise @Kunda1 for his/her opinion, that I value much.
And to @gbgb: my apologies for this digression...
My apologies. I suppose comments about what others have experienced attempting use the workbench shouldn't matter to those who later attempt it's use. I will refrain from commenting (polluting) further.

I don't think I can remove the posts at this point @Kunda1, please do so.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
howetuft

Post by howetuft »

Thank you very much. There is no need, I think, to remove previous posts!
gbgb

Post by gbgb »

drmacro wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:53 pm Nothing against the Render workbench. I spent more than a day messing around trying to add renderers on my system and gave up. The reason I was so glad to find Sverchok nodes in Blender could read (and write) FreeCAD files directly was I didn't need to deal with installing render engines that were already functional in Blender.

Once the file is in Blender all the tools of Blender are available. Backgrounds, ray tracing, animation, even making fillets that FreeCAD can't handle.

Simple_assy_009.png
Tried to install it, but for some reason in the addon setup screen it keeps showing that Freecad package is not available,a although I point to the bin directory of y Freecad installation (windows 10 system)
Managed to have Luxcore work - now I will explore it a bit