Good Tutorials etc Pathworkbench

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mp77Bushnell

Good Tutorials etc Pathworkbench

Post by mp77Bushnell »

This maybe the wrong place to post but it could apply to other workbenches and if the powers that be want to berate me and move it... go for it.

I'm looking for GOOD tutorials etc related to Path Workbench.

I've looked in forums in Frecad and I've used search engines.

I've found very few GOOD tutorials etc regarding Pathworkbench. (Yes, beauty is in eye of beholder.)
AFAIK I have most recent release of FC installed as of 08-09-22.
Yes a few "earlier tutorials" get outdated by newer releases ... it WOULD BE nice if tutorials showed ver number" (if wishes were horses..)
Some on-line "documentation" can be behind the current version.

FYI- In a former life I did some adult technical education.. which required more prep than just recording an example including "flubs." (Some videos I've watched apparently were never edited.) But then I was being compensated to teach.

Surely I'm not the only one suffering. <G>

So it would be nice (I think) if this site offered a better way for "the wandering and lost" to find "good" tutorials and even have a way to warn others... I've watched videos that were.. well amateurish, hard to follow (yes even with slowing them down) and even one or two with a "music and no dialog" sound track that I muted! I'm keeping a list and checking it twice... <G>

So... I'm trying to understand, comprehend, and use the PATH WORKBENCH. (I readilt admit I still haven't successfully created G-Code! a simple fully constrained drawing.)

Has anyone found GOOD video and tutorials that TEACH and explain some of the various features and pitfalls of the Path Workbench?

Please let me know by reply either in forum, or private reply. I'd rather not spend months posting my file (which is simple and fully constrained) and having folks answering as I step/fail/post questions, try suggestions and repeated until I succeed.

I just want to educate myself rather than post messages.

Gordon
Bance
Veteran

Re: Good Tutorials etc Pathworkbench

Post by Bance »

chrisb
Veteran

Re: Good Tutorials etc Pathworkbench

Post by chrisb »

sliptonic has youtube channel. He is one of the Path workbench authors, and his videos are very well appreciated by other forum users.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.