external file reference

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Marc Bassini

external file reference

Post by Marc Bassini »

When I save my file to a directory there is the following code in Reference.xml (I removed lot of unnecessary lines).
Something is referencing an external file and I cannot find which object it is.
How can I find/remove this reference ?

Code: Select all

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!-- FreeCAD DocumentObject -->
<Document SchemaVersion="4" FileVersion="2">
<Object name="Reference">
  <Properties Count="26" TransientCount="1">
    <Property name="Context" type="App::PropertyXLink" status="67108864">
      <XLink file="../../../../../Documents/Ébénisterie/Plans/Ariel/Ariel 6c.FCStd" stamp="" name="Assembly060" sub="Parts060.Link018.Assembly.Parts.Link003.Assembly002.Parts002.Body003.Boolean.Reference."/>
NewJoker
Veteran

Re: external file reference

Post by NewJoker »

Marc Bassini wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:17 pm

Code: Select all

name="Assembly060" sub="Parts060.Link018.Assembly.Parts.Link003.Assembly002.Parts002.Body003.Boolean.Reference."/>
Do these names correspond to containers in your model ? Is there a boolean operation somewhere ? It might be the source of the problem.
Marc Bassini

Re: external file reference

Post by Marc Bassini »

There is a boolean operation in the problematic file. But I have checked a thousand times there is no reference to the file Ariel6c.

The problematic file is referenced by the Ariel 6c file. Because of the reference to Ariel6c in the problematic file, when I save Ariel6c it touches the problematic file and when I save the problematic file it touches Ariel 6c.... super boring.

I solved the problem by saving as a directory, editing the file by hand to remove the reference, reloading it as a directory and saving it as a file.
But it's quite a pain to have to do this manipulation. That's why I would like to know how/if I could solve this problem directly from the FCAD interface.