Bug in the Select Color dialogue

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Bug in the Select Color dialogue

Post by adrianinsaval »

Batucada wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:36 am But it remains a full-time job to realise a project of this size. But it's not for people like me who have other goals in life. That should be it from me.
well it depends on what you want to do in the project, most people around here don't work full time on FreeCAD AFAIK, most have full time jobs and work on the project in their spare time, since this is a collaborative effort it still works, obviously it would be better if we had a few full time devs. But of course if you don't enjoy working on it you probably shouldn't spend your free time on this!
Batucada

Post by Batucada »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:48 am But of course if you don't enjoy working on it you probably shouldn't spend your free time on this!
I would also be very interested in going deeper. But there is also no free time for me, because I know my limits. More or less, I would have to catch up on the development history of 2 decades to be able to act actively at all. On another level, I have a big project that also challenges me financially and that I have been pursuing for over 10 years now, so one cannot serve 2 masters at the same time. FreeCAD is now to become a tool for me, what I want to use in this project. What I can do is express myself when I notice things that need improvement, but nothing more.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:56 pm Ideally they should be reported to Qt as mfro has done, but they will likely ask for a minimum example code to reproduce the issue, which might not be easy to do for you, for now you can post here and maybe someone can guide you through reporting it to Qt or will report it themselves
What's wrong with this example code https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 13#p616313 ?
mfro

Post by mfro »

wmayer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:11 am What's wrong with this example code https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 13#p616313 ?
Nothing, it's perfect. Has been added to the Qt bug report yesterday already. Thanks for that!
Cheers,
Markus
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

wmayer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:11 am What's wrong with this example code https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 13#p616313 ?
I was generalizing since he was asking about what to do if more bugs are found, I actually thought that code was already sent to qt.
Batucada

Post by Batucada »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:12 pm I was generalizing since he was asking about what to do if more bugs are found, I actually thought that code was already sent to qt.
I have just embarked on the adventure of learning FreeCAD as a bloody 3D CAD beginner. The problem is not with FreeCAD in the first place. In addition to the stumbling blocks due to my own lack of knowledge, there are unfortunately also the external bugs, whereby I cannot distinguish in the first place who the actual culprit is. There are still flaws that are obviously Qt's fault. With the ongoing use of the colour dialogue, however, I have got into the habit of steering around the cliffs. I will, however, describe a current case in a new thread.