Missing default icons

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Missing default icons

Post by adrianinsaval »

leoheck wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:19 pm Have you tried the Kicad forum? That forum is sweet. It really helps discussions, A LOT.
Not the kicad forum specifically but I've been to other forums that use the same software (discourse) and I agree it's better than phpbb (used here). There was once an attempt to move to that software here too, it seems migrating is not so trivial to do though and some folk have actually expressed that they prefer this forum, so in the end it didn't happen. Hopefully we'll get there some day.
weird, try fully clearing all cache and session data for freecadweb.org from your browser, I can't remember how exactly this is done but it shouldn't be too hard to find on google.

Regarding the icon, 've seen the issue you submitted to yaru theme, they indeed have welcoming people!
leoheck
Veteran

Post by leoheck »

There are a lot of things broken in this old and horrible to use the forum. A simple cache-cleaning routine does nothing for me.

I think that if the migration is hard, why not start fresh? Keep this forum open for historical reasons. And then start fresh in a place that is modern, easy to use, easy to understand, easy to share pictures, files, code, and not this archaic thing.

This forum migration could also happen with the change of the version of this software. 0.21 is kind of weird af.

People are preferring to post on Reddit, instead of discussing here in this forum.

>
adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:19 am Regarding the icon, 've seen the issue you submitted to yaru theme, they indeed have welcoming people!
Yeah, that talk was great.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

leoheck wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:28 pm There are a lot of things broken in this old and horrible to use the forum.
As I pointed out in another topic the default style for this forum is a bit broken. A lot of people apparently use the default style, but I prefer the "Pro Silver" version. I don't find anything "broken" in it.

I very much dislike the Reddit style, so I suspect my taste is a bit different than yours. 8-)

Gene
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

GeneFC wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 am As I pointed out in another topic the default style for this forum is a bit broken. A lot of people apparently use the default style, but I prefer the "Pro Silver" version. I don't find anything "broken" in it.
The "FreeCAD" style is not the default anymore I think, probably because it's very broken. But probably it remained as the selected theme in the config of many people, IMO if it's not going to be fixed it should be removed.
I very much dislike the Reddit style
Agreed, reddit is terrible and specially annoying on mobile where it wants you to use their stupid app. But that is not what is suggested here, the suggestion is to use discourse, which is relatively similar to this forum.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:38 pm IMO if it's not going to be fixed it should be removed.
It's not that bad. The nonstandard emojis are broken (far too big), the control panel shows on some pages fancy stuff and the breadcrumbs don't appear at the bottom. It is a bit annoying, but daily usage of the forum works well.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

All those disadvantages for what advantage?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:55 pm All those disadvantages for what advantage?
For opening a bunch of unread posts at once, for navigating directly to the wiki - and, well, for keeping things the way they are.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
leoheck
Veteran

Post by leoheck »

GeneFC wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 am I very much dislike the Reddit style, so I suspect my taste is a bit different than yours. 8-)
Who said that Gene? You might be mistaken. I hate Reddit style. Reddit is just for Karma and chill on the couch. The style, format and interaction are horrible.

But please, take a look in the Kicad Forum. That is a good place to discuss things. It is modern, It has bigger text. It formats the text better. It ALLOWS US TO PASTE IMAGES. This forum is just ridiculous. Something really important for this forum as posting pictures is ridiculously hard compared with Kicad's forum.
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

leoheck wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:34 am But please, take a look in the Kicad Forum.
It is a nightmare to use, especially when you are on mobile and/or you have limited traffic. That it is unreadable (no clear separating lines) i will not start. Also: carpal tunnel syndrome (endless scrolling).
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

leoheck wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:28 pm
People are preferring to post on Reddit, instead of discussing here in this forum.
leoheck wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:34 am
GeneFC wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 am I very much dislike the Reddit style, so I suspect my taste is a bit different than yours. 8-)
Who said that Gene? You might be mistaken. I hate Reddit style. Reddit is just for Karma and chill on the couch. The style, format and interaction are horrible.
I give up.

Your comments are so oblique I simply cannot understand them.

Gene