UI messed up in latest weekly Appimage

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tonyaimer

Re: UI messed up in latest weekly Appimage

Post by tonyaimer »

Sorry

I cant give you any information on environment variables because I would not know how to do that.

I am a relative newcomer to FreeCAD and a complete newbie to Linux and I know nothing about python.

I intend to program in what I call C- which is my subset of C. ( really just C without the quirky bits to save
a byte here or there which was an issue back in the day ).

I used to program in compiled basic ( PDS ) but that was years ago.

Regards

Tony Aimer
ifohancroft

Re: UI messed up in latest weekly Appimage

Post by ifohancroft »

tonyaimer wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:14 pm Sorry

I cant give you any information on environment variables because I would not know how to do that.

I am a relative newcomer to FreeCAD and a complete newbie to Linux and I know nothing about python.

I intend to program in what I call C- which is my subset of C. ( really just C without the quirky bits to save
a byte here or there which was an issue back in the day ).

I used to program in compiled basic ( PDS ) but that was years ago.

Regards

Tony Aimer
Just open a terminal, write `env` inside it and hit enter. The output will show the currently set environment variables and to what value they are set (the env name is before the equals sign, the value is after), however, don't post the full list on here as it may contain sensitive information. Just post those that start with QT
I like making, breaking and modding stuff, using a soldering iron, code or both. https://ifohancroft.com