Online CAD conversions

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmorris29527

Online CAD conversions

Post by jmorris29527 »

Every now and then I need to work with CAD files and depending the software program (currently Visio) the CAD import format is limited. Visio likes DWG or DXF. I need the DXF format to retain the "scale" of the part as it is imported. I found a free conversion program eMachineshop online that actually worked great but after I converted four files it quit working (I guess I ran out of the limited free conversion that wasn't disclosed), The other great thing about this free conversion program is that it allowed me to select the Axis or plane (x, y, z) to extract from the STEP file when converting.

I'm asking if anyone knows of another "free" conversion site that allows stp to dxf conversions?

Thanks
NewJoker
Veteran

Re: Online CAD conversions

Post by NewJoker »

jmorris29527 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:51 am I'm asking if anyone knows of another "free" conversion site that allows stp to dxf conversions?
Did you try using FreeCAD for that ? It also handles these file formats so you could import STEP model and export it as DXF. Of course, you can also do various operations on the imported model before exporting it.