Exploded Assembly Query [SOLVED]

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Laurie Hartley

Exploded Assembly Query [SOLVED]

Post by Laurie Hartley »

Is there a way of re arranging the order in an exploded assembly. I have attached a screenshot. I would like to move the Cliplok pin items to the bottom of the tree. Thank You
Attachments
Exploded Assembly Tree.png
Exploded Assembly Tree.png (18.04 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Last edited by Laurie Hartley on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Re: Exploded Assembly Query

Post by Shalmeneser »

When you create a Std_Group, it keep the order of insertion.
Attachments
Annotation 2022-06-28 091005.jpg
Annotation 2022-06-28 091005.jpg (10.87 KiB) Viewed 538 times
Laurie Hartley

Post by Laurie Hartley »

@shalmaneser - thank you for your response. I have a Group in the menu tree below the exploded assembly. Un fortunately I didn't think hard enough about the correct sequence and just went ahead and created the trajectories for each part. I was hoping I could move the items around in the menu tree. Is that possible?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I have an exploded assembly not here, I will have a look later - or you upload your file.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

It is not really easy but not really difficult either, if you get your work organized:
The Exploded Assembly has a Group property, edit it, and select the items in the right sequence. To not loose one of the items, I would do a rearrangement by deselecting and reselecting only one of them at a time. You cannot see the sequence while you select them.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Laurie Hartley

Post by Laurie Hartley »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 am It is not really easy but not really difficult either, if you get your work organized:
The Exploded Assembly has a Group property, edit it, and select the items in the right sequence. To not loose one of the items, I would do a rearrangement by deselecting and reselecting only one of them at a time. You cannot see the sequence while you select them.
Thanks for you response. I am away from my computer for a couple of days now but will give it a try and post the outcome. Can’t post my file - it’s top secret :D
Laurie Hartley

Post by Laurie Hartley »

@chrisb I am not sure I followed your suggestion to the letter but creating a new group helped me achieve a successful item. Here is what I did:

1. Named my original Group "Assembled Parts".
2. Created a new group called "Exploded Parts"
3. Placed all my items created with the exploded assembly addon - one by one - into the new folder in the exact sequence I require.
4. I then selected (shift+arrow down) all the items in "Exploded Parts" folder, cut them, and pasted them beneath the "Exploded Assembly" icon in the menu tree

This is probably the long way round but it worked out well. Thank you both for your help.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Laurie Hartley wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:34 am @chrisb I am not sure I followed your suggestion to the letter
Indeed not, but I like your way anyway.
Laurie Hartley

Post by Laurie Hartley »

[/quote]
Indeed not, but I like your way anyway.
[/quote]
:)