Is this stilll correct?: Don't use special characters in your windows user name

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Is this stilll correct?: Don't use special characters in your windows user name

Post by adrianinsaval »

faustino wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:06 pm I have the same problem with my username - António- in my instalation of Assembly4 it was installed in C:\Users\António\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod\Assembly4 it changed ó with ó.
Then there's also an issue when installing the workbench? Can somebody else confirm?
Basileios

Re: Is this stilll correct?: Don't use special characters in your windows user name

Post by Basileios »

Hello, I believe I had the same problem. I was using the latest 0.19 version just fine, then I wanted to install fcgear workbench for tests. It had just come to my attention that a new version was published, if I recall correctly I first tried adding fcgear to 0.19, it crashed on startup, then I installed 0.20 which launched just fine. After installing the above workbench, it crashed on startup again. I googled a bit and found the present thread plus the following: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 9&start=10
I also have Greek letters as Windows 10, 21H2 username. The issue, however, is fixed with the latest weekly version.