[SOLVED] Addon Manager - can't install / update Macro FCCircularText and CenterOfMass

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
M4x
Veteran

Re: Addon Manager - can't install / update Macro FCCircularText and CenterOfMass

Post by M4x »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:23 pm [...] I do not understand why M4x is able to do this. The already mentioned error in the statusbar still occurs as well.
I'm on Linux. python-git is normally installed on Linux systems (as far as I know). Therefore it could be that I'm using the Git-repository in this case.
chennes
Veteran

Re: Addon Manager - can't install / update Macro FCCircularText and CenterOfMass

Post by chennes »

The real issue is with __Files__, because something broken there is fatal. That error looks like a format problem — the text parser absolutely requires a single line of __files__, it can’t use any of Python’s line wrapping.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi
chennes wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:18 am Hi Mario52 --

I was checking into a bug report in the forums today, and it appears that your CircularText macro specifies an absolute path to its icon -- that won't work. I suggest using the URL to the icon on the wiki instead:

Code: Select all

__Icon__ = "https://wiki.freecadweb.org/images/c/c1/FCCircularTextButtom.png"
Chris
ok

how to store the microelly adding ? the best way

Code: Select all

__Icon__     = "/usr/lib/freecad/Mod/plugins/icons/FCCircularTextButtom.png"
__IconW__    = "C:/Users/YourUserName/AppData/Roaming/FreeCAD/Macro"
thanks

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

Sorry I don't know what you're asking -- __Icon__ simply can't be an absolute local path. The __IconW__ has no meaning to the Addon Manager, so you can make it whatever you want.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi

@chennes i upgrade my macro FCCircularText with your request and i have this error

upgradeFCCircularText00.png
upgradeFCCircularText00.png (6.21 KiB) Viewed 725 times

after Refresh the local cache the macro has been properly installed

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

That's right - before you updated the cache it was still installing the old macro, so couldn't locate the icon. When you updated the cache, it was the new location and correctly located your icon. Looks good now!
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi

thanks for your work

mario
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

Thank you! I'm on a business trip at the moment but I'll have a look as soon as I'm back home.
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

I had a look now. I've noticed that I'm now seeing two entries with different versions. One from the wiki and the other one from Github. The good news: I've tried to install the newer one (wiki) and succeeded! Thanks :D

AddonManager_FCCircularText.png
AddonManager_FCCircularText.png (54.52 KiB) Viewed 577 times

@chennes sorry, but could you've another look please? ;)

Thanks!