How do i hide green-wire-UI of this picture.. @_@

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mrtaotao789

How do i hide green-wire-UI of this picture.. @_@

Post by mrtaotao789 »

Freecad 0.19
Version 242291

Thanks.
Attachments
Screen Shot 03-21-22 at 05.17 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 03-21-22 at 05.17 PM.PNG (123.11 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
Syres
Veteran

Re: How do i hide green-wire-UI of this picture.. @_@

Post by Syres »

adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

On that note, watching and making sense fo the curvature comb seems like a pretty advanced usecase for me, wouldn't it make sense to have it hidden by default so it doesn't clutter for those who don't understand it? Thoughts?
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

adrianinsaval wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:57 pm Thoughts?
Just my opinion: when i use splines, the first what i find interesting, is the curvature. But have no problem when the default is "not shown". But when processing further, often the culprit is a bad curvature (often an the ends), so i think is is not a bad idea, that the state now is good.

When i look at the sketch, then the half is not necessary, because you can mirror it.

Greetings
user1234
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

adrianinsaval wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:57 pm Thoughts?
Bsplines are not kindergarden topics. Bspline users should be able to find a simple switch that is both in the menu and on an icon. As for which is a better choice for a default, it depends on the user. That is why there is an option.

This does not seem like a clear case of one preference over the other.

Gene
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Assumptions about the competence of users are not such a good guideline when anybody on earth and their mother can get their hands on FreeCAD. Of course FreeCAD has no real reason to cater to hobbyist over pros, welcoming both can't hurt though. The preference is saved between sessions so it's a matter of hiding once and you're done, and if you don't see it on right away you may never know this functionality exists, so I changed my mind and I think default on is a good choice.
I think the tool has a bug though, after inserting a bspline in a sketch the command is disabled until you select the bspline or focus out of the windows, there's probably other ways to trigger whatever updates the status and enables it but it's not immediate. I don't see why it should be disabled to begin with.
Also exposing these display options in the sketcher preferences page may help newbies discover the possibility of hiding.