brand new to this.sketch to 3d model.?.

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
stuic1

brand new to this.sketch to 3d model.?.

Post by stuic1 »

hi i am new to 3d modeling just started on freecad.right i have drawn out my design in sketch everything is right its all green.so i close sketch. to pad my model because i am done.and there is nothing there.?????.i need my sketch to be in 3d on the build part bench.but cant get the sketch on it.????.am i doing something wrong.???.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: brand new to this.sketch to 3d model.?.

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!
stuic1 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:49 pm am i doing something wrong.???
Yes!
Obviously, but how can we know what it is without the file? Perhaps it's the visibility - toggle it with the space key; or you have only construction geometry - which is shown in blue in the sketcher.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

stuic1 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:49 pm hi i am new to 3d modeling just started on freecad.right i have drawn out my design in sketch everything is right its all green.so i close sketch. to pad my model because i am done.and there is nothing there.?????.i need my sketch to be in 3d on the build part bench.but cant get the sketch on it.????.am i doing something wrong.???.
I suspect that when you click to close the Sketcher dialog is the moment your sketch "disappears". This is because, for some reason unknown to me, (and one of the things that has made FreeCAD no longer "fun" for me to use), is that your view automatically zooms back to the very zoomed point it started of from when it switches back to Part Design. You can easily see you sketch again by clicking on the FitAll Zoom icon in your tool bar.

It is the one that is circled -
ZA.png
ZA.png (8.39 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

quick61 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:37 am (and one of the things that has made FreeCAD no longer "fun" for me to use)
Let the fun continue :D
Attachments
Restore camera.JPG
Restore camera.JPG (104.27 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

Thanks kisolre. Unchecking that box and restarting FreeCAD fixed it. That's 1 down....

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?