Don't succed to do a FEM of a cantilever + tip

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
VCOU

Don't succed to do a FEM of a cantilever + tip

Post by VCOU »

Hello everyone,
I am new on Freecad and I would like to do a frequency analysis in order to have the eigen frenquency of a cantilever with a tip at the bottom but there is some issues.
1) I tried to import directly the cantiliver + tip as one objet from blender but the FEM don't give the eigen frequency.
2) So I tried something else and I don't succeed in connecting the two pieces (cantilever and tip) on Freecad. I don't know if I can make one file for the tip, one file for the cantilever or one file and two bodies in it. I don't know also which tool I should use to connect them.

Does anyone have an idea to fusion the two bodies and to have the eigen frequency ?

Thank you so much
Attachments
Cantilever_v06_01.FCStd
(question 1 don't succed to have the eigen frequency)
(171.55 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
pointe.FCStd
tip (question2)
(8.53 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
cantilever.FCStd
cantilever (question2)
(10.33 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
vocx
Veteran

Re: Don't succed to do a FEM of a cantilever + tip

Post by vocx »

VCOU wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm ...
2) So I tried something else and I don't succeed in connecting the two pieces (cantilever and tip) on Freecad.
You have to create a compound solid. See the tutorial FEM Shear of a Composite Block.

You should check the FEM subforum as it has many threads with many other examples.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
VCOU

Re: Don't succed to do a FEM of a cantilever + tip

Post by VCOU »

Thanks a lot !