RobZ_inT wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:53 am
Unfortunately I can't find any instructions on how to use it...
Yeah, we need a TechDraw tutorial... I'm currently occupied with a rather huge tutorial rewrite I started... last year!
I recommend you first go to the TechDraw preferences (the TechDraw workbench needs to be loaded) and change your settings:
- Projection: Third angle (this is what's used in the US and Canada, the rest of the world uses First Angle)
- Hidden Line: Dash
- Default Template: the one you wish (I'm guessing US Letter), you'll have to browse manually to /usr/share/freecad (or freecad-daily)/Mod/TechDraw/Templates/
- Template Directory: might as well input it too!
- Colors as you wish...
- Show Units: check it if you want to show units in dimensions, which we usually do with inches
- Line Group: this defines the line thickness of the views. This is a named setting BTW. If using A4 or US Letter template, the default FC 0.70mm line group is much too thick (0.70mm refers to the line thickness for outer edges). I personally change it to FC 0.35mm. You can also create your own line group, see TechDraw LineGroup
You need to add a page first. Creating views in TechDraw should be pretty straightforward. See TechDraw NewProjGroup
Now, to add dimensions, you need to first select something: edges or points. Press Ctrl to select the second point. Then, click on the appropriate dimension tool. Once the dim is created, you can pick its label and drag/move it.
Scroll wheel to zoom in/zoom out, Left-click+drag to pan the page. Note that if you left-click+drag when inside a view border, you'll move the view rather than the page.
To edit the text in the page's title block, click on a green square next to a line of text, and a dialog will pop up.
That's about the gist of it...