more parts?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
pironman

more parts?

Post by pironman »

Good morning, I know that there is an assembly module under development, and that exist a working Assembly4 module.
But, right now, I'm interested only in adding more parts, without constraint between them.

Look at the screenshot: you see a "CILINDRO" part, can I add more parts below that one? And check for interferences between these parts, total mass, center of gravity, moment of inertia?

Thanks
Bance
Veteran

Re: more parts?

Post by Bance »

In PD WB you need to add a body for each part, in Part WB you can add as many as you wish.

There is the FC info macro from add-on manager, to realise COG, COM and other parameters.
pironman

Post by pironman »

Thanks for your answer, but I'm sorry you use too much acronym, I don't understand.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

PD WB = Part Design workbench

FC = FreeCAD

WB = workbench

COG = center of gravity

COM = center of moment
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
pironman

Post by pironman »

Thanks!
I try right now, but I cannot found the way. How can I do that?
And how can I set different densities and so can I calculate mass, cog and so on by considering the different material of these parts? I found "material" bu refers only to color, not to density.
I found that "part" and "part design" are very similar, so these are a bit confusing. What are the differences?

Thanks

P.S. What are the differences between "body" and "part"? They looks the same, except the fact that the icon is blue for body and yellow for part
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

If you want to place objects relative to each other, you can use Part Attachment and Expressions.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.