Contributing without github account

Merged, abandoned or rejected pull requests are moved here to clear the main Pull Requests forum.
PrzemoF
Veteran

Contributing without github account

Post by PrzemoF »

Is there a way of contributing patches without having a github account? MS started to force me to verify my device, verify me email - I'm not willing to do it. I'm not contributing much recently, so I could create a patch file and email it. I know there is a gitlab FreeCAD mirror - alternatively I can create a PR there is if helps.

I want to submit a COPR build patch, so it's safe to apply. The fix is here: https://github.com/PrzemoF/FreeCAD/tree/copr_fix_v50

I can push code to github without doing device verification, but I can't log into it :lol:
wmayer
Founder

Re: Contributing without github account

Post by wmayer »

Merged.

As long as you can still create a branch on your GH repo it's fine for me to fetch and merge it locally. Creating a branch on GL repo should be fine, too.
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

Thank you! I know I'm a hassle with that attitude, so I appreciate merging it even more! :D
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I know I'm a hassle with that attitude
Fully understandable for me. So, no problem.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Merged.
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

Please merge this branch: https://gitlab.com/PrzemoF/FreeCAD/-/tree/copr_fix_v52

Date: Mon Jul 4 11:31:13 2022 +0100

Update fedora spec to v0.21

Thanks in advance! :D
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

A few questions:
Wouldn't it be better to move this topic out of the "archived pull requests" subforum?
Wouldn't it make sense to keep the fedora spec on a separate repo directly under control of the packagers? Asking this because that's how it is for arch and debian and AFAIK most other distros too.
Is it preferable to make MRs in the gitlab clone or better to just announce here? @yorik did you get a response about the gitlab ultimate stuff? I think with that there is a feature to sync PRs with github so this would allow people to make MRs on gitlab
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

PrzemoF wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:05 pm Please merge this branch: https://gitlab.com/PrzemoF/FreeCAD/-/tree/copr_fix_v52

Date: Mon Jul 4 11:31:13 2022 +0100

Update fedora spec to v0.21

Thanks in advance! :D
A gentle reminder. Rebased on the latest master.