Chest of drawers

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Re: Chest of drawers

Post by Shalmeneser »

Preference > TechDraw > Scale > Vertex scale
dprojects

Post by dprojects »

Marc Bassini wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:08 pm I don't know what cut-list is.
I don't know what BOM means.
Yes, it is about report with parts and dimensions. Some people call it cut-list and some BOM. I wasn't familiar with BOM name as well when I was creating getDimensions macro in 2017. I understand you can't share the file. But if you can test my macro with your file and give me feedback it would be nice. If you have model mainly based on Part::Cut you may try: the visibility feature, if the report is correct. Personally, for Boolean Cut I use magicCut that is able to create cut without moving objects. Just remove the common part and leave the Tree clean.
phpBB [video]

Marc Bassini wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:08 pm I started it on Friday early afternoon and sent the screenshots above on Sunday at 3pm for validation.
This is quick, given that everything had to be done manually and parameterized.

Marc Bassini wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:08 pm It's quite customizable via the spreadsheet below
Google told me it is French, I don't know French but I see there are a lot of variables to set.
You may want to try showAlias tool that is able to show (select) all objects with exact alias, it can be used for validation of parametric model:
phpBB [video]

Thanks
Darek
github.com/dprojects

workbench for woodworking is available at: github.com/dprojects/Woodworking
Marc Bassini

Post by Marc Bassini »

And here's a version created by one of the one-year CAP students. Unfortunately, she didn't get a good grade because she didn't finish in the allotted time (which had been extended) and some operations weren't completed. It's a real pity, because for a first piece of furniture, it's a really fine piece of work (on closer inspection, there are several slight defects, and of course I took the photo of the side with the most beautiful dovetails, but the opposite ones and those at the back weren't bad either, although they weren't quite as good; in spite of everything, it's really a great job for a beginner).
Attachments
chest of drawers.png
chest of drawers.png (1013.89 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

CAP : Certificat d'aptitude professionnelle
dprojects

Post by dprojects »

Marc Bassini wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:44 am she didn't get a good grade
You are a demanding teacher, that's good, the best teachers were always the demanding ones but in the end they always let go, they didn't want to hurt anyone, thanks to such teachers you can learn more.

Thanks
Darek
github.com/dprojects

workbench for woodworking is available at: github.com/dprojects/Woodworking
Marc Bassini

Post by Marc Bassini »

Actually, I'm not. I'm just a(n old) student in a higher degree program.