Sony PSP Street E1004 Casemod Project

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Sony PSP Street E1004 Casemod Project

Post by chrisb »

Shalmeneser wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:19 am Nothing helpful here for FC work.
And even if, it's still the work that counts. If people appreciate it, they will spread the work. Look at other contributors here, e.g. the developers announcing a new feature or people like ppemawm with his fantastic models, how they handle self promotion.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
quiret

Post by quiret »

Shalmeneser wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:19 am
quiret wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:02 am I have got many years of experience in computer technologies (programming, user experience, design). I have frequented the GTA community, social media sites (YT, Reddit, Twitter). My work should speak for itself, and it is what I am pointing at.
Nothing helpful here for FC work.
chrisb wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:21 am
Shalmeneser wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:19 am Nothing helpful here for FC work.
And even if, it's still the work that counts. If people appreciate it, they will spread the work. Look at other contributors here, e.g. the developers announcing a new feature or people like ppemawm with his fantastic models, how they handle self promotion.
Thank you for the attention to my self confidence, people. I am just being brutally honest about my work quality. Do not misunderstand my statements: you can hold me accountable for my words and argue using strong points about anything I create. As long as the arguments are professional I value every discussion.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

quiret wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:04 am I am just being brutally honest about my work quality.
I'm sad to say, but that's not true. Several well known experts have looked at your models, and their judgements are rather negative to say the least. If I should be brutally honest, I had to say that you are a liar.:roll:
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
quiret

Post by quiret »

chrisb wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:45 am I'm sad to say, but that's not true. Several well known experts have looked at your models, and their judgements are rather negative to say the least. If I should be brutally honest, I had to say that you are a liar.:roll:
You're being rude by being negative. I don't know but could you be jealous? :P This is a common phenomenon on the internet where people lack the empathy as well as the trust. I am not surprised you act this way. Also, it could stem from a poking pattern to stimulate people to do more. Your points lack solid foundation. There is no good-will in your words. Anyway, you are not convincing me. I am taking you seriously because you seem like a veteran. Get a hold of your rhetoric, please?

I am not a liar. You are unjustfully slandering.

------------

Time to share some more progress! Using the Systematic Wall Building workflow I was able to advance the CPS plate much further, adding further embedding details for the lid hook as well as the UMD drive. I have to say in order to create great and maintainable FreeCAD you need to dive into the theory, not just the practices! Here are some screenshots of my progress so far.

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

quiret wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:19 pm My work is of great quality and excellence.
I retract my statement that you are a liar, because it implies that you want to fool us, and this may indeed be wrong. But that doesn't make your statement right. I'm sad to say, but what you have shown here is from a modeling point of view neither great, nor of excellence.
Have a look at other models here in the forum to learn how to model in a simple, clear and yet stable way.