IKEA style assembly instructions

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
henkjan_nl

IKEA style assembly instructions

Post by henkjan_nl »

I used FreeCAD and Inkscape together to make IKEA style assembly instructions for one of my projects. For those interested: I documented the way I made the instructions on my Github at: https://github.com/henkjannl/TravelWall ... /Readme.md. All files used are also in the same GitHub. Enjoy!

HenkJan
manual_smaller.png
manual_smaller.png (759.88 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
obelisk79

Re: IKEA style assembly instructions

Post by obelisk79 »

very nice instructions, easy to follow
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

Looks awesome. Thank you for sharing this. I often encounter questions about how to do something like that in commercial CAD software. And now we have a reference showing how to do it in FOSS.
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

henkjan_nl wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:04 pm assembly instructions for one of my projects.
nice, looks like a very thought-out project ... did you think about patenting it ? I'm wondering: the 5-€uro note seems like cut to size rather than bent, as it appears evident from the small 3cmx3cm piece of paper that is bent under the 2-€uro pieces : panel 5 could be improved.

Also, how are the 2-€uro pieces held in place ? What's the purpose of the small papers below them ? If you spend all the notes, do the coins fall out ? Also, what about 50-€uro notes, is the device compatible ? And 100€ ? Questions above questions ...
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD v0.19
install with Tools > Addon Manager > Assembly4 — tutorials here and here
henkjan_nl

Post by henkjan_nl »

Hi
Sorry for the slow response, I hadn't noticed your reply
The banknotes are indeed folded rather than cut, but the white piece of paper was easier to draw in Inkscape than the banknote
It works for any banknote that is smaller than a credit card when folded
The purpose of the 3x3 cm paper is to prevent the coins making a rattling sound when the device is in your pocket.
Enjoy!
HenkJan
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

I'm going to have a look at your project when I'm at a computer. But what I can say already: Great idea to document the way you've created the assembly instructions! Thank you very much! We need more of this kind of documentation.