3d text plate

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

3d text plate

Post by NormandC »

Hey, just a wink to my friend Jim and a response to this message (more precisely to the screencap). ;)

I published the file on my UbuntuOne account, I thought people might be curious to see how I did the sketches for the letter engraving (it's basic stuff really). They're done one by one (it's a lot easier to manage that way), and for the second "i", I copy/pasted the first sketch then edited the copy to move it. I was not sure it'd work, but it did: cool! (one dim got reversed, I deleted it and the new one was ok)

Ok, it's official: I have waaaaaaaaay too much time on my hands. :D

hijimplaque.fcstd
hijim.jpg
hijim.jpg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
I don't know why, but the dim lines won't show on the drawing page. Dimetric and Trimetric views added, a true isometric view would be badly drawn because there's some arc conversion bug.
I don't know why, but the dim lines won't show on the drawing page. Dimetric and Trimetric views added, a true isometric view would be badly drawn because there's some arc conversion bug.
hijimdwg.jpg (41.92 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Show your FreeCAD projects here!

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi Norm

I think you missed some of the text, you only put my first name, what about my middle name and surname??? "the" and "wonderful" :D

The good thing about a good wife, one's mother, and young (probably not teenage!) daughters, is that they are so deluded that they actually believe that dribble!!! :lol:

On a more serious note, I was thinking that when someone has time, we should add fonts to sketcher for the engraving industry and others????

Jim