Probably the most complex thing I've cut so far

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Probably the most complex thing I've cut so far

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for reporting back and good luck!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Fantastic!

BTW, what do you mean by this?
m0n5t3r wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:24 pm I placed the bodies in parts hoping that a2plus would import them as separate objects, but nope...
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
m0n5t3r

Post by m0n5t3r »

It was a bit of a naming confusion, really... In A2+ objects are called parts, I wanted to import several bodies as separate parts, thought if I place bodies in part design parts and only make the ones I want visible it would work automagically (I was also glad I found a use for the part design Part thingy, but that's another story)

It didn't work, but following the discussion on github there is now a command in A2+ devel that allows doing something similar to Arch external references (importing a single body from a FreeCAD file), so something good did come out of this eventually :)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

m0n5t3r wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:02 pm It was a bit of a naming confusion, really... In A2+ objects are called parts, I wanted to import several bodies as separate parts
Hello m0n5t3r, this feature is now available with A2plus version 0.4.21. When using the new button described here:
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/A2plus_ ... ng_Started
you can select what body in the selected file should be imported as part.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

uwestoehr wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:36 pm
m0n5t3r wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:02 pm It was a bit of a naming confusion, really... In A2+ objects are called parts, I wanted to import several bodies as separate parts
Hello m0n5t3r, this feature is now available with A2plus version 0.4.21. When using the new button described here:
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/A2plus_ ... ng_Started
you can select what body in the selected file should be imported as part.
:+1:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
m0n5t3r

Post by m0n5t3r »

I know, I guess this got lost in the rest of the text :P
m0n5t3r wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:02 pm [snip]
following the discussion on github there is now a command in A2+ devel that allows doing something similar to Arch external references (importing a single body from a FreeCAD file), so something good did come out of this eventually :)
LLuoss

Post by LLuoss »

m0n5t3r wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:46 pm Certainly maxed out the size my MPCNC can cut, I keep postponing that rebuild to make it larger...

sheet fixed with the classic masking tape + super glue combo, then the CNC drilled a bunch of strategically placed holes so I could screw it down, paused, moved out of the way, paused again, then proceeded to cut the rest of the thing...

image20190502_180102194s.jpg

FreeCAD file link, because it won't allow me to post it here (too large): https://matrix.m0n5t3r.info/_matrix/med ... wZEPOqrRbi
It's amazing!What puzzles me is how to cut a part with scripts?Could you help me?Many thanks.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

LLuoss wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:13 am What puzzles me is how to cut a part with scripts?
See the Path scripting page.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.