Issue #7370 - Arch Wall not visible when base sketch lines overlap after sketch edit

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Shadow

Issue #7370 - Arch Wall not visible when base sketch lines overlap after sketch edit

Post by Shadow »

Why did my walls disappear after editing the base sketch? :?

Oh. Figured out why my walls disappear! The base sketch has overlapping lines. Move the lines, walls are visible again.

See:

Bug filed: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/issues/7370
Last edited by Kunda1 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added GH ticket number to thread title
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Issue #7370 - Arch Wall not visible when base sketch lines overlap after sketch edit

Post by Kunda1 »

Would you be open to sharing your file for reproducing purposes?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: Issue #7370 - Arch Wall not visible when base sketch lines overlap after sketch edit

Post by Roy_043 »

I think that I already have a fix for this. See https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 27#p581127
It is one of the PRs that I have 'parked' during the feature freeze.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Shadow wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:22 am Oh. Figured out why my walls disappear! The base sketch has overlapping lines. Move the lines, walls are visible again.

See:

Bug filed: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/issues/7370
Please post your model file for more test ? Hope Roy_043 PR already fix this ? :)
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

paullee wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:38 pm Please post your model file for more test ? Hope Roy_043 PR already fix this ? :)
GitHub is not accepting FCStd file type. Attached here in the forum:
houseplans6300kgl-ArchWallOverlapBug.FCStd
ArchWallOverlapBug test case
(427.18 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
To reproduce: Opening the file as-is exposes the bug. The trigger is a pair of overlapping lines within the Interior Wall Finish Floor base sketch Interior Wall Sketch. You can see this more clearly to edit that sketch, and in XY top view (shortcut key '2') click+drag the partition from between the toilet and bathtub that is furthest away from the stairs, either up or down, so it doesn't overlap with another line. Close the sketch and the walls will now be visible again
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Ok, when there is no overlapping edges, it works.

Before Roy_043's fix is merged, when use Sketch as Base, avoid 'self-intersecting' edges in general :)