Documentation of Draft workbench for v0.20

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Documentation of Draft workbench for v0.20

Post by Kunda1 »

Need some volunteers to go through the Draft Workbench related wiki pages and see if they are all up to date with v0.20
This means all Draft workbench commands, Draft Preferences, and Draft related Tutorials.

Once we have interested volunteers, we can figure out how to split the tasks up between everyone to make it lighter work
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: Documentation of Draft workbench for v0.20

Post by Roy_043 »

AFAIK the documentation of the Draft WB is up to date. Will check the preferences later, but those should be up to date as well.

Regarding the tutorials: expecting them to be up to date is unrealistic IMO.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Roy_043 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:57 am AFAIK the documentation of the Draft WB is up to date. Will check the preferences later, but those should be up to date as well.

Regarding the tutorials: expecting them to be up to date is unrealistic IMO.
Draft Preferences need to have up to date tooltips

re: Draft tutorials:

Current related Draft tutorials that I can find:
1) https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Manual:Trad ... D_drafting
2) Draft tutorial
3) Draft_ShapeString_tutorial#Insert_the_ShapeString

Any others I've missed?
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:49 am Draft Preferences need to have up to date tooltips
This is not about the Wiki then? And which tooltips are you referring to?
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:49 am Current related Draft tutorials that I can find:
OK, updating the Draft tutorials is feasible. But updating all (100+) tutorials as requested elsewhere (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68402) is not.

Kunda1 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:49 am Draft Preferences need to have up to date tooltips
Still interested in hearing what you mean by this. I have worked on the Draft documentation including the Draft_Preferences page, and I do not understand.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Roy_043 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:48 am But updating all (100+) tutorials as requested elsewhere (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68402) is not.
That wasn't the intention behind that. We do what is feasible. 1 thing at a time. Some tutorials probably should be deprecated and not featured on the Tutorials page nevertheless.
Roy_043 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:48 am
Still interested in hearing what you mean by this. I have worked on the Draft documentation including the Draft_Preferences page, and I do not understand.
I got my wires crossed here. I meant to also check if all tooltips are up to date in the FreeCAD preferences within the FreeCAD application. Nothing to do with the wiki page preferences although the tooltips in the application have informed me in the past to update the documentation on the wiki.

Edit: clarrifications
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

This topic should be unpinned IMO.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Roy_043 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:55 pm This topic should be unpinned IMO.
Done.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.