Custom Working Plane Not Set on Arch Slab Face

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
arxerxes

Custom Working Plane Not Set on Arch Slab Face

Post by arxerxes »

I am unable to set a custom working plane on an Arch Slab face. Could anyone please tell me what I could be doing wrong here? I have attached a GIF for reference. I can set the working plane to Arch Wall faces but not the slab face.
Attachments
FreeCADCustomPlane2.gif
FreeCADCustomPlane2.gif (973.64 KiB) Viewed 883 times
ragohix769

Re: Custom Working Plane Not Set on Arch Slab Face

Post by ragohix769 »

arxerxes wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:20 am I am unable to set a custom working plane on an Arch Slab face. Could anyone please tell me what I could be doing wrong here? I have attached a GIF for reference. I can set the working plane to Arch Wall faces but not the slab face.
The selection of a face sometimes it's not working (especially in "auto" mode), I confirm. But if you insert a file project here, I can test it to confirm, because I tried with a simple slab created by me and it's working (superior face).
Attachments
wepz.png
wepz.png (322.52 KiB) Viewed 822 times
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
arxerxes

Post by arxerxes »

Thank you; will post the project file soon. I will share a file soon to illustrate the problem.
For the time being I went ahead and created a proxy plane to circumvent that problem.
arxerxes

Post by arxerxes »

ragohix769 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:44 am
arxerxes wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:20 am I am unable to set a custom working plane on an Arch Slab face. Could anyone please tell me what I could be doing wrong here? I have attached a GIF for reference. I can set the working plane to Arch Wall faces but not the slab face.
The selection of a face sometimes it's not working (especially in "auto" mode), I confirm. But if you insert a file project here, I can test it to confirm, because I tried with a simple slab created by me and it's working (superior face).
I have attached the file that I am currently working on. I am basically trying to explore how everything works and understand how best to use it for actual real world projects. Any help in that regard is appreciated. I also noticed that the Level-Axes bubbles do not show up in Tech Draw and also the Labels for the same show up somewhere else. Anyway, I will create separate posts for these two issues.
Attachments
Trial House.FCStd
(198.47 KiB) Downloaded 25 times