'qt5' is currently running !

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
abghrnjd

Re: 'qt5' is currently running !

Post by abghrnjd »

heda wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:59 pm why not just try Plot_Workbench and cross your fingers that it works for you...

happened to try on 0.19, but the write-up on wiki did not work
however below worked...

Code: Select all

import freecad.plot
plt = freecad.plot.freecad_backend.plt
someone else will have to try on 0.20 if the instructions are bogus there as well...
Thank You. I'll give it a try. But all lines related to matplotlib are commented out! I guess something is triggering it. Can you spot any suspicious part in my code?
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

so you are saying that although you do not import mpl, it still has the same warning of "qt5" running?

if so, why do you think it is related to your code?
then it is likely some add-on that is loading mpl

impossible to even guess - maybe one could guess if you provide the start-up logs (described earlier),
but even then it is likely that in your case it is most efficient to simply wipe the installation, including add-ons and configurations to get a clean slate

doubt that going the plot-wb route will help if there is something else that is causing it...
could of course be wrong on that...
abghrnjd

Post by abghrnjd »

heda wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:13 pm so you are saying that although you do not import mpl, it still has the same warning of "qt5" running?

if so, why do you think it is related to your code?
then it is likely some add-on that is loading mpl

impossible to even guess - maybe one could guess if you provide the start-up logs (described earlier),
but even then it is likely that in your case it is most efficient to simply wipe the installation, including add-ons and configurations to get a clean slate

doubt that going the plot-wb route will help if there is something else that is causing it...
could of course be wrong on that...
Thank you. Could it be A2PLUS or FreeCADGui or QtGUi ? numpy,time and path are highly likely to cause such a problem.
if it is true I guess we can call it a "BUG" and report it because it is not related to my code specifically. right?
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

hm, you are continuing to "pace the hot porridge like a cat"...
this is not a bug, the only thing certain at this point in time is that it is on your computer and you are quite alone in experiencing this (while there are tons of people using mpl & a2p without issues)

why not just share a start-up log, as well as what and how you have installed things, without that there is not much to discuss, or anything anyone can do to try and help you.

Start_up_and_Configuration command line option -l

once again, this is with 99.99999% probability related to your computer only, and you have somehow managed to break your installation - so most time effective for you (and others) is to just wipe it all (and do it properly) and start over.
at minimum you should then add things back in steps, and try it after each step, so that you know what you did to make it break. Or you will know that it has nothing to do with fc, since it behaves in the same way with fresh installation (the logic here is that if it behaves the same it for sure is only on your computer, and it is something unrelated to fc causing it, since no one else has this issue...)

if you have kids, let them deal with it...

this is foss, it's sort of "if it breaks you get to keep all the shiny pieces", not entirely true since there is help to get at the forum, but there is no one but yourself responsible for making it work on your computer...
abghrnjd

Post by abghrnjd »

heda wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:53 pm hm, you are continuing to "pace the hot porridge like a cat"...
this is not a bug, the only thing certain at this point in time is that it is on your computer and you are quite alone in experiencing this (while there are tons of people using mpl & a2p without issues)

this is foss, it's sort of "if it breaks you get to keep all the shiny pieces", not entirely true since there is help to get at the forum, but there is no one but yourself responsible for making it work on your computer...
You were right. I had a folder containing files related to some fc modules in my macro folder. I moved them, the problem solved completely!
:D
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

good that you got it sorted out.

anyhow, if it was anything coming from fc, it is beyond my imagination why that should trip the backend recognition in mpl...