[Solved]:How to create a convex lens

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
xianyu

Re: Question:How to create a convex lens

Post by xianyu »

thyssentishman wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:16 am
No problem glad I could help. If there is nothing else you need, please make sure to mark the topic as solved by editing the title of your first post and prepending [Solved].

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Johannes
I have another question, can I still create lens without "import Part"?
Freecad novice, A Python enthusiast
thyssentishman

Post by thyssentishman »

xianyu wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:30 am I have another question, can I still create lens without "import Part"?
I don't know exactly what you mean. I suppose there are a lot of ways to achieve the same result and you are not necessarily bound to use the Part module.

As for using the scripts I sent you without the import Part line, I believe these will only work if the module was already imported in the FreeCAD session. I think this is done for example when you first load the Part or Part Design WB either manually or if they are auto-loaded on startup.

Kind regards,
Johannes

EDIT: Corrected minor spelling mistakes
xianyu

Post by xianyu »

thyssentishman wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:19 am
xianyu wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:30 am I have another question, can I still create lens without "import Part"?
I don't know exactly what you mean. I suppose there are a lot of ways to achieve the same result and you are not necessarily bound to use the Part module.

As for using the scripts I sent you without the import Part line, I believe these will only work if the module was already imported in the FreeCAD session. I think this is done for example when you first load the Part or Part Design WB either manually or if they are auto-loaded on startup.

Kind regards,
Johannes

EDIT: Corrected minor spelling mistakes
Thanks for your help, I think I get what you mean.
Freecad novice, A Python enthusiast