Feature #5966 - Export transient FEM results to vtk/vtu for ParaView

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Export transient FEM results to vtk/vtu for ParaView

Post by Kunda1 »

Luftschraube wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:20 pm Edit: I'd like to add the tutorial to the FEM workbench page https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/FEM_Module#Tutorials - in the source code I see some numbers after the "T". Are the tutorials numbered in any way? I'm not (yet) used to Wiki editing at all ;)
Thanks for the Transient FEM analysis tutorial! I've added categories to it.
I've also added it to the https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/FEM_Module#Tutorials page too.

What is missing is content in the Background section, with a link to this thread, an explanation of what the tutorial is about and what it achieves, and list of needs like FreeCAD minimum version, external dependencies and perhaps estimated length of tutorial...

Also we need to take your files off of the 'cloud' and store them somewhere else JIC those links disappear.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Feature #5966 - Export transient FEM results to vtk/vtu for ParaView

Post by Kunda1 »

I've updated this thread's title and added the macro and example file from @Luftschraube to the issue #5966
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
tummechatronics

Re: Feature #5966 - Export transient FEM results to vtk/vtu for ParaView

Post by tummechatronics »

Hi guys,
I saw that @FEA-eng already tested the code using V0.21.1, and I recently did the same (it worked). However, I'm not sure what's the goal of this feature, Could you please give me some information on how to procedure with this issue?
Should I modify the script importVTKResults to export multiple files at the same time?