Serbian language

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cehjan

Serbian language

Post by cehjan »

Hallo / To whom it may concern,

A few months ago I started to translate FreeCad to Serbian (Cyrillic) language. Back then there was translated only 14%, and probably because of such low rate there wasn`t possible to include Serbian language into FreeCAD. Within several months I translated up to 64% and so I thought that it will be enough for language to be included. However, yesterday a new version of FreeCAD 0.20.2 appeared and I installed it, but I still do not see an option for interface to be in Serbian language.

My question is: what I need to do to initiate/complete the procedure of including Serbian (Cyrillic) language in FreeCAD software?

Also, I have an intention to popularize FreeCAD by making and publishing free tutorials in form of videos and written articles including screen captured pictures of FreeCAD. To create them, I need activated Serbian language in FreeCAD, and this is main reason for this letter. Beside that, if I create tutorials in Serbian (Cyrillic), they would be usable mainly in Serbia. However, if there is an option in FreeCAD for Serbian (Latin) language, it would be readable not only for users in Serbia (which simultaneously use both latin and cyrilic scripts) but also in Croatia, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro and North Macedonia, where people almost exclusively use latinic script but perfectly understand Serbian language.

Please let me know to whom I need to address request to activate Serbian (Latin) option?

I already sent these two questions on Crowdin platform a few months ago to Yorik van Havre and to Luzpaz, but I haven`t received any answer up to day, so I am writing this post in the hope that someone will help me..
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Serbian language

Post by adrianinsaval »

have you checked if the translation is available in the development version 0.21? https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... kly-builds
After initial release new translations are not imported into the stable branch anymore because they could be conflicting since they are based on the development version sources, so if the translation was too low and not included when FreeCAD 0.20 was initially released back in june then you won't see it included in any of the 0.20.x series.
cehjan

Post by cehjan »

Great! First problem solved! Thanx. I downloaded version 0.21 and it has Serbian (Cyrillic).

However, my second question still needs an answer: Who should I contact to enable Serbian (Latin) option on Crowdin platform?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

cehjan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:52 pm Who should I contact to enable Serbian (Latin) option on Crowdin platform?
@yorik.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

chrisb wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:28 am Who should I contact to enable Serbian (Latin) option on Crowdin platform?
@yorik.
Done!
cehjan

Post by cehjan »

Thank you.
kaktus
Veteran

Post by kaktus »

:mrgreen:

@cehjan Congrats on your incredible perseverance and I admire your determination.
You have done a wonderful job :!: :!: :!:

sincere Greetings from Poland. ;)
Twórca polskiej wersji Wiki dla FreeCAD, współwórca polskiej wersji GUI.
"Cierpliwym być musisz, by wiedzę zgłębiać tajemną, gdyż ciemna strona mocy niszczącą i silną jest".
cehjan

Post by cehjan »

Dziękuję Ci @Kaktus