Variant Link Wiki Page

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
gbroques

Variant Link Wiki Page

Post by gbroques »

Hi all. With FreeCAD 20 and configuration tables, "variant links" which are discussed on the forum are now possible.

I started a wiki page on the topic to summarize and condense information on it.

See: Variant link

Please provide any feedback you may have!
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: Variant Link Wiki Page

Post by Roy_043 »

There already is some documentation here:
Spreadsheet_Workbench#Configuration_tables

Please also read WikiPages.
gbroques

Post by gbroques »

Roy_043 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:48 am There already is some documentation here:
Spreadsheet_Workbench#Configuration_tables

Please also read WikiPages.
Thanks Roy. I missed that expandable section for the tutorial on Configuration Tables.

It does looks like there's some duplication created now.

My hopes for the page was to be a summary of the main forum post and collection of best-practices.

I think there's other good tips, nuances, and information which can be extracted and summarized from that forum thread.

In my mind, the idea of "Variant links" is broader than "Configuration Tables", since it inovlves many parts (i.e. Spreadsheet workbench, Link, SubShapeBinder, etc.) and deserves its own page.

I'll also take a look and read WikiPages! :)

Hopefully I can find some time to improve the page, and reconcile it with the existing documentation.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

@david69 You want to have this page marked for translation. But much of the information is duplicated here: Spreadsheet_Workbench#Configuration_tables. How do you propose handling that?
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

if information are already present on [wiki]Spreadsheet_Workbench#Configuration_tables[/wiki] as you mentionned, I don't see the point to keep the "old" page. I will avoid that somebody find this old page (actually it was case and a forumer ask me to put it for translation because he found interesting info) and to see over the time a discrepancy.