page Migrating_to_FreeCAD_from_SolidWorks

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
david69
Veteran

page Migrating_to_FreeCAD_from_SolidWorks

Post by david69 »

on the French forum, a guy is asking differences between solidworks and freecad. He is planning to move to FreeCAD for evaluation, in his company, but for the moment, it is own initiative.
I have share the page Migrating_to_FreeCAD_from_SolidWorks with warning saying it is still under construction.
I am wondering how far we are to officially publish this page.
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: page Migrating_to_FreeCAD_from_SolidWorks

Post by Roy_043 »

@kaktus asked the same thing recently. Apart from the image, the page is not much more than a stub, but I'll mark it for translation anyway.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

I've been trying to get traction on that page for a while. Oddly enough..it's been hard to get folks to document their experiences migrating. There was a thread recently with a user who wanted to add info to that page but it turned out that some of the content (regarding FreeCAD workflow) they wanted to add was actually imprecise.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

thank you Roy_043.

Kunda1, that's all the message I've said when I answer to the guy: critic the page in order to improve it.
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

Maybe there should be something added regard technical drawings (TechDraw Workbench), since that is very important for commercial use: Something like:

Even when FreeCAD can easily deviate 2D drawing which can be easily dimensioned, there some deviate functions are not implemented at t he moment. Something like break out view, broke view, partial section or aligned section are not supported at the moment. For more information please read the TechDraw Wiki (link to the page https://wiki.freecadweb.org/TechDraw_Workbench).

Sound a little bit bumpy, maybe someone can spell it better. It is just a suggestion.

Greetings
user1234