How to get wiki editing permissions

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: How to get wiki editing permissions

Post by chrisb »

tianruo wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:57 am Ive just created an account here, and was told to "participate more in discussions to be able to" compose private message.
Seems one post is enough?? :)
Please add a few words what you intend to change in the wiki, so I can remove you from my spammer list.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
pitoniak32

Post by pitoniak32 »

I am a new user of FreeCAD

I recently purchased a 3D printer, and as a developer I was drawn to the open source nature of this software.

What I Plan To Do:
I was reading the getting started documentation and noticed a couple typos / grammatical mistakes ( struck -> stuck, parameter -> parameters) and was looking to make contributions to the wiki. I plan to use this software regularly and read through the docs, so I will be able to make adjustments when I catch something.

Best,

Pitoniak32
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

@pitoniak32 DM me with an email and I can hook you up.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
wik

Post by wik »

Hi, i beg you to please let me write a PM to you :-)
i'd like to correct a few lines in the german wiki every since and then, so i may need edit access.

see you soon
wik
Ovederax

Post by Ovederax »

Hi,
I am not a spammer and I plan to translate articles for wiki into russian language.
Articles interesting to me:
- Translating_an_external_workbench
- Workbench Curves
- Workbench Surfaces
I am writing a post here so that I can send a message to the administrator.
adiazubierna

Post by adiazubierna »

Hello,

I'd like to contribute adding some documentation and translate. I will send you a DM.
F_Rosa

Post by F_Rosa »

Hello,

I just posted a new workbench called Movie(https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74432). I would like to start creating a wiki page about it and I need the corresponding editing permissions.
Thanks.
cartola

Post by cartola »

Hi, I would like to help translating some tutorials on the wiki page. I am helping an organization here in Brazil and will try to teach them FreeCAD for 3D printing. As usually they work with poor people, many of them don't speak good English, so I would like to translate some. In fact I was starting to create some tutorials on my own wiki (https://cartola.org) when I found that translating the already great tutorials would be better for both parts.

I work with opensource software since early 90's and have already helped other projects, like FreeBSD.

Bests, Cartola.
wakyct

Post by wakyct »

Hi, is the OP of this thread still the way to ask for a wiki editing account? I noticed one of the admins hasn't logged in since last year, and my other two PMs are unread. Thanks!
What does that word mean in FreeCAD? Look in the Glossary.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wakyct wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:49 pm Hi, is the OP of this thread still the way to ask for a wiki editing account?
Yes, although jmaustpc sadly hasn't been active for quite a long time.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.