Campaign to add language agnostic animated gifs to each FC command page on the wiki (+ possibly as tooltips within FC)

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Campaign to add language agnostic animated gifs to each FC command page on the wiki (+ possibly as tooltips within F

Post by adrianinsaval »

IMO if doing gifs for explaining a feature it's better to just place it in the wiki then you can access them through the help addon, regular tooltips should just be text and at most the command icon.
MisterMaker

Re: Campaign to add language agnostic animated gifs to each FC command page on the wiki (+ possibly as tooltips within F

Post by MisterMaker »

Too late, Realthunder already put it in Linkstage and I am already working on the cute puppy theme.
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

MisterMaker wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:26 pm ...I am already working on the cute puppy theme.
restricted to the users of Puppy Linux (https://puppylinux-woof-ce.github.io/index.html)
puppy.png
puppy.png (433.27 KiB) Viewed 1788 times
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Amazing job. Here's the Link branch code that adds gifs in to tooltips
https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD/ ... 6eb41940dc
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

I uploaded 4 examples to my github, it currently only works with latest linkstage combined with my icon theme.
https://github.com/MisterMakerNL/Linkst ... 8952f2c790
I am not sure what is the best way to make such gifs, and if there is some kind of max file size also what resolution.
Probably matter of trail and error.
If anyone wants to try...
If you are on windows you can use shareX it can record directly to gif.
Then you can just save it with the correct file name and it instantly works in Linkstage.
Edit:
This is how you enable it:
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

@MisterMaker awesone work. Can you add screenshot to the repo README to orientate users on how to install your features?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
MisterMaker

Post by MisterMaker »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:02 pm @MisterMaker awesone work. Can you add screenshot to the repo README to orientate users on how to install your features?
Ok I added a readme with a redirect.
The gif will just work, like magic if you install it.