Modification of the CAD Navigation template

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Modification of the CAD Navigation template

Post by DeepSOIC »

vocx wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:16 pm If you don't do it this way, how do you translate the template to another language?
Thanks for explanation ;) I have never tried translating FC Wiki, so I have no idea anyway :mrgreen: .
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I'm a bit, well, unhappy, about your attitude here and your arguments show pretty well the deficiencies:
vocx wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:03 pm You asked renato for his input and he said it was okay? Big word censored deal! That's a consensus of only two people.
If you only look at the number of people having agreed (before changes were made!), it is two, while people having agreed to your changes seem to be only half of it.

Now if you look at the work they have done, it is a completely different game. Where are your contributions beyond structure? Normand and Renato both have contributed more than I dare to count, and not only translations. They have given much contents, not only structure and before changing structures Normand has always discussed things first in the forum. We all knew it, we all could have voted against. I think it it is justified to say it's their baby.

And now comes someone who did not yet has contributed very much and tells them how to raise this baby. I would kindly ask to treat the work done - and it's by far not only done by these two - with some respect.

Seeing the state of the german translation it seems to me currently much more sensible to extend it than to rework already existing stuff.

It is well possible that your ideas and plans are great, and I am willing to invest some time to follow them, but please discuss your plans here first. And respect what is said here, even if it is not to your consent.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

vocx wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:06 pm They are not vanished. They were just moved to another page called Macro documentation. It's right at the beginning.
Ok a lot of change ... I'm troubled

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

chrisb wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:58 pm I'm a bit, well, unhappy, about your attitude ...
Sorry, but the attitude of both @NormandC and @vocx is/was problematic. Therefore both please tone it down a notch and get your message through in more respectful way.

P.S. Senior Wiki members/contributors should (usually) have more say, on what the final outcome should be. But the "be respectful" tendency needs to apply for all.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi

we lost an excellent wiki programmer

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.