FreeCAD Offset Fail In A2Plus

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Ceemberk

FreeCAD Offset Fail In A2Plus

Post by Ceemberk »

Hi everyone,

I am an engineer using FreeCAD in our workplace. I design the parts and complete the assembly in A2Plus. But whenever i try to put fractional distance between two parts the ''Constraint Properties Window'' doesn't allow me to insert a fractional number. It only allows to insert exact numbers. For an example if i text +3 mm or -3 mm there will be not any problem. But if i text -3.2 mm or +3.2 mm the number after the point doesnt appear on the text line. If i text -3,2 or +3,2 this time the fractional numbers appear on the line but when i click the accept button, the part goes -32 or +32 mm, not -3.2 or +3.2. Is there any solution that may help to fix the problem. I think may be i should use the Part tool to add the relations with paramatrical methods. But i dont know how to use Part tool and i dont like to get simple things that complicated. Is there anybody can help me about the issue, please ? Wish you all the best and thank you so much for your attention.

Best Regards.
C.Ornek.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD Offset Fail In A2Plus

Post by chrisb »

Moved from Help forum.

You should add your full FreeCAD infos and the version number of A2Plus.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

dan-miel wrote: pinged by pinger macro
CC @dan-miel (do you mind taking a look at this?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
dan-miel

Post by dan-miel »

Ceemberk wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:39 am But if i text -3.2 mm or +3.2 mm the number after the point doesnt appear on the text line.
Hi Ceemberk,
I think I see what you are seeing. If I enter a number to the left of the decimal point the text box shows it, but to get a number to show to the right I have to put the cursor in the text, delete some digits and then type the fractional.
Is this what is happening?
Dan Miel