Assembly loses constraints and errors in A2plus workbench

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jlytle1801

Assembly loses constraints and errors in A2plus workbench

Post by jlytle1801 »

I have this assembly that Ive been working on for quite a while and I havent had any issues until today. I edited a part in the assembly that had a dimensional error (pocket was off by one inch). This part has many constraints because it is the main connecting part in the assembly. I dont believe anything I changed would have affected any of the constraints. But now when I open the model, select A2plus WB, and press the update parts button, the following series occurs shown in the screen captures below. After the dialog boxes go away, the model is exploded and I dont know how to repair it or continue working. Can you please help find a solution? Also, does uploading the assembly file give you what you need to troubleshoot? Or do I need to upload a zip with all part files too?
General Assembly1.JPG
General Assembly1.JPG (170.77 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
General Assembly2.JPG
General Assembly2.JPG (164.52 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
General Assembly3.JPG
General Assembly3.JPG (145.01 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
General Assembly4.JPG
General Assembly4.JPG (131.82 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24267 +148 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: Branch_0.19.4
Hash: 476ecf091941bead59b14e44afa6064d5a66afa3
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.3
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
Attachments
General Assembly.FCStd
(797.92 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Assembly loses constraints and errors in A2plus workbench

Post by chrisb »

Moved from Help forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
dan-miel

Post by dan-miel »

jlytle1801 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:18 am now when I open the model, select A2plus WB, and press the update parts button, the following series occurs shown in the screen captures below. After the dialog boxes go away, the model is exploded and I dont know how to repair it or continue working.
Jlytle1801,
When editing parts, broken constraints are a common drawback in A2plus. One thing that you can try is, instead of using the yellow and green rebuild button, try using the brown and orange button next to the orange mouse button. This will rebuild only one part at a time but if it works right, it will repair the constraints.
To use:
Select the part to rebuild, then select the brown rebuild button, if it can repair the constraints, you’re home free, if it cannot repair them all, a list will open with the broken constraints and give you a chance to fix them. More instructions are in the viewer’s help.
Dan

P.S. For me to check this I would need the assembly file before the rebuild and the edited part file.
jlytle1801

Post by jlytle1801 »

dan-miel wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:43 pm try using the brown and orange button next to the orange mouse button.
That worked great! It gave me a list of the constraints causing problems and allowed me to fix them. Thank you very much.
dan-miel wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:43 pm P.S. For me to check this I would need the assembly file before the rebuild and the edited part file.
Ok, good to know for next time.