Assembly conflict checker

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mikkamakka

Assembly conflict checker

Post by mikkamakka »

I've put together an assembly with Assembly 4 Workbench, and I would like to check whether there is any conflict, which would hinder putting the assembly together as intended. How should I do that? For example, I would like to know whether the holes and pins are at the right position and their depth/length is appropriate. With other words I would like to know whether the parts in my document have any common volume. I hope my question is clear enough even though I definitively do not know the appropriate technical phrase (probably that's why my search-fu has not resulted in an answer). Thanks!
Last edited by mikkamakka on Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewJoker
Veteran

Re: Assembly conflict checker

Post by NewJoker »

Which assembly workbench are you using ? FreeCAD doesn't have a single official one, instead there are 3 different assembly modules available.
mikkamakka

Post by mikkamakka »

NewJoker wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:13 am Which assembly workbench are you using ?
I've used Assembly 4. I thought that the checking could work on the basis of making a subtraction operation between any two objects, and my naive thinking lead to believing it is workbench independent.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Moved from Help forum.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.