Assembly icon

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jriegel
Founder

Re: Assembly icon

Post by jriegel »

1) yes
2) So far I think there will be two. The first one to link to a GeometricalObject (which can be Part,Mesh,Pointcloud,...) and a similar one with the exeption it links to a seperate FreeCAD document (multi-model)
3) Its a kind of group without special product features.
4) Body is a special case from the PartDesign module. And yes it contains a kind of starting geometry (three planes).

Its great you have time to makes some icons, I will start to using them! We can change them in the code if newer ones get maid...
Stop whining - start coding!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

jriegel wrote: 4) Body is a special case from the PartDesign module. And yes it contains a kind of starting geometry (three planes).
It also added a "STP_body" when I imported the step and brep files. Is that a bug?

Do you want us to start serious testing and bug reporting on your Assembly branch? Would you prefer me to wait until after you put it all in master?

jriegel wrote: Its great you have time to makes some icons, I will start to using them! We can change them in the code if newer ones get maid...
OK.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi everyone
jriegel wrote:Could you do one for a general Axis-Cross? Plane and Axis will be introduced into PartDesign with the Assembly branch..
Quote from another topic here
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3501

I have been looking at the links you guys posted regarding Catia, Solid Works etc. and I made some more icons for some of the 3D_Constraints and some "lock to axes" , see here (I have posted regarding some of these in the past but I can't remember if I posted about all of them so I think there are some new ones there as well)
https://sites.google.com/site/austpcpub ... straints_2

here is a zip of those icons above
3D_Constraint_Axis_to_Axis1.svg.zip
(26.24 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
So I thought perhaps I could use that Axes cross or do something with it. I was thinking that there was going to be a global axes set and some sorts of local axes, so anyway here are some ideas. 1) just the Axes Cross, 2) Axes cross with a globe 3) Axes cross with a slightly different globe 4) Axes with a "Part/PartDesign" Box
https://sites.google.com/site/austpcpub ... axes_cross
here is a zip file of the four axes cross icons
Axes_Cross_1.svg.zip
(10.96 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Are any of these suitable for what you wanted Juergen?

Jim
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

variations of the global axis cross theme.

https://sites.google.com/site/austpcpub ... variations
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

nice!
Stop whining - start coding!