Can "Sheet Metal" and "Part Design" be modified to use each other?

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
FBXL5

Re: Can "Sheet Metal" and "Part Design" be modified to use each other?

Post by FBXL5 »

Roy_043 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:04 pm
xsuper9988 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:48 pm How did you know the "Draft" feature would work too?
I just tried it.
That is the point. My favourite is PartDesign and I seldom use Draft or Part and so haven't tried Sheetmetal tools with those WBs.

You are right, there is still information still missing, but there is a (hopefully correct) description to every tool now that does the job within PartDesign bodies, at least.

I tend to describe tools I have tried, at least and give an example on pages where it makes sense. But I was told off for the examples ;) , because they are to be put on tutorial pages. Agreement is that the Examples will be removed once proper tutorial pages are available.

My descriptions tend to be a little over-complicated and so I'm not the perfect candidate to write tutorials (at least in English), but nevertheless I try to...
Roy_043 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:02 pm
xsuper9988 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:48 pm I think it should be modified like this:
I disagree. The information about the location of the property is given. You just need to read the rest of the page. And the fact that you need to click the "..." button is very much a standard procedure that should be explained on a different page.
Yes, focus is on description of the tool and not how to set parameters, which can be tricky for the average user.

I would like to have a task panel for every tool to have better control of properties while creating and editing, but programming this functions is beyond my programming skills.
xsuper9988

Re: Can "Sheet Metal" and "Part Design" be modified to use each other?

Post by xsuper9988 »

Roy_043 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:04 pm I just tried it.
FBXL5 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:58 am Yes, focus is on description of the tool and not how to set parameters, which can be tricky for the average user.

I would like to have a task panel for every tool to have better control of properties while creating and editing, but programming this functions is beyond my programming skills.
Open source software is everyone's selfless contribution
I still appreciate everyone's help
thank you very much :D :D :D